Problem with Windows Phone 8 app - News dont refresh

Edgefactor20

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Its now 5 days that my news section dont show any article. I tried to clear the cache and reinstall the app but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi there guys. The common factor here seems to be that every user having this problem is in Italy, could you guys tell me your region, carrier and any other information that would be useful?

Then, go into the app's help screen and enable information recording, back out to the main screen and tap refresh. Wait about 1 minute. Then go back into the help screen and submit a help request with your region and carrier details entered into the text box.

I'm really sorry I have to ask for this information but I have no way of reproducing the error here and it's very very tough to diagnose this problem when it's only affecting a couple of people.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had an update from our server guys, there may be an issue with server routing causing very slow network connections for some users. They're on it and hopefully sorting the problem

tor landeel

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well' I'm from Italy too. I've already submitted my report yesterday, and I'll do it again with such infos.
I hope you get it sorted out soon (lucky me the live tile still works!)

Luigi Zarlenga

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm having the same issue since 0.00 1st of March. I'm from Italy (Bologna), carrier H3G. It's really an odd problem, and wpcentral is not the only app that stopped working in THAT very moment. Weather flow is reporting network error since the 1st of March, and googling around I found that several other apps are having same kind of problem. JayTBennett, it would be very strange that your servers are having problems only for italian people...moreover, the forum section is completely ok, it's only the news section that doesn't update anymore...reeeallly strange

AndyCvr

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm having the same issue since 0.00 1st of March. I'm from Italy (Bologna), carrier H3G. It's really an odd problem, and wpcentral is not the only app that stopped working in THAT very moment. Weather flow is reporting network error since the 1st of March, and googling around I found that several other apps are having same kind of problem. JayTBennett, it would be very strange that your servers are having problems only for italian people...moreover, the forum section is completely ok, it's only the news section that doesn't update anymore...reeeallly strange

Same problem with me.
I'm from Verona, northern Italy, and i have an unbranded and dev-unlocked Lumia 920. My carrier is Vodafone IT.
WeatherFlow and WPCentral can't update themselves, that's strange because i can view wpcentral.com on my Lumia without any problems.
IMHO i don't think there is a "very slow connection" problem. There's a problem at provider level, dns or something like this...

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, the slow networking problem has been resolved so obviously something else is at work here. The fact that we're not the only app affected has me intrigued, could you try getting in touch with your service providers as well? I doubt it's their domain but they may be able to get in touch with the infrastructure owners. It's almost as if our feed has been blocked...

tor landeel

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, the slow networking problem has been resolved so obviously something else is at work here. The fact that we're not the only app affected has me intrigued, could you try getting in touch with your service providers as well? I doubt it's their domain but they may be able to get in touch with the infrastructure owners. It's almost as if our feed has been blocked...
So there might be a relation, as we discussed previously..
But I don't think it's an infrastructure issue, because it doesn't work via wifi as well...and prior reinstalling, the live tiles didn't stop working.
Can you tell me if I can test via telnet or traceroute some ip/ports so we can rule out an infrastructure issue?

pstern

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi...I am from Venezuela and having the same problem......It is not only an Italy problem plus no revews, apps and devs either---- My carrier is Movistar Venezuela,

All other features in my phone (HTC 8X) are working ok.....

Thanks
PS

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
So there might be a relation, as we discussed previously..
But I don't think it's an infrastructure issue, because it doesn't work via wifi as well...and prior reinstalling, the live tiles didn't stop working.
Can you tell me if I can test via telnet or traceroute some ip/ports so we can rule out an infrastructure issue?

yeah i think that's going to be the best bet, I'm going to have to try and work with you guys on this. Can you email me via the app and I'll pass a url for you to test? Thanks

Alejandro Jara

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm from Chile and I have the same problem... So far, Chile, Italy and Venezuela have this problem. My carrier is Entel Chile.
The issue occurs with WIFI or 3G connection.
Regards.

Hi...I am from Venezuela and having the same problem......It is not only an Italy problem plus no revews, apps and devs either---- My carrier is Movistar Venezuela,

All other features in my phone (HTC 8X) are working ok.....

Thanks
PS

Luigi Zarlenga

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
This is odd, because yesterday I tried and set the Region to English (not USA though) and it didn't work.
I'll report again later if this still occurs.
Could it be a "date related" issue? I've tried changing only the regional setting (not country or language, i left Italy-italian), and the result is: USA, the app works again - Italy, the app stops working, UK the app does not work. The difference maybe due to the date format: USA mm/dd/yy, Italy, UK, Chile, Venezuela dd/mm/yy. Maybe for some reason the app, after the 1sf of March, is not able to understand which day's news to show you anymore...JayTBennet, does it make any sense to you?

PS
I remember that weatherFlow, not working as well since 01/03, was showing a totally wrong date just few minutes before...dying

Luigi Zarlenga

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Could it be a "date related" issue? I've tried changing only the regional setting (not country or language, i left Italy-italian), and the result is: USA, the app works again - Italy, the app stops working, UK the app does not work. The difference maybe due to the date format: USA mm/dd/yy, Italy, UK, Chile, Venezuela dd/mm/yy. Maybe for some reason the app, after the 1sf of March, is not able to understand which day's news to show you anymore...JayTBennet, does it make any sense to you?

PS
I remember that weatherFlow, not working as well since 01/03, was showing a totally wrong date just few minutes before...dying

Still thinking about it...28/02/2013 is not...misunderstandable? Does this word even exist in english? While 01/03/2013 maybe March the 1st or January the 3rd....could this really be the problem?

Alejandro Jara

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Setting only the date with Usa English and country italy-italian male the app work again. The date is the problem

You right, I set the data to USA (English) and it's working fine again. It's clear that the format date is the problem.
(I'm from Chile. Format Date: dd/mm/aaaa).

@Jay, the problem occurred since last update... could you help us with this? maybe a rollback on the format date? if we change the format date to the USA format, all applications change their format date causing some synchro problems.

Regards.

siero2h

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
hey hey i'm glad this came up!!

same problem here,
how i was reporting in this post
I have an Italian lumia 920 unlocked phone, and i'm living in spain. language set to english, store to italy and units to italy.

good job and i hope it could be fix soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6