WPC mods are good.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I duck on to crack berry on occasion since I spent some time on there trying to figure out my last smart phone. I like they're product and have money invested. About 5 minutes on is about all I can stand. There are so many trolls on that site it is ridiculous. If you have an issue with your phone I understand explaining it and trying to get resolution. Going to a BB or Iphones or what ever site to talk trash and then say you have the right is just straight jackassery. When a new WP product comes out I notice the trolls and the negative s*** ratchets up a notch, but on the whole the mods keep the site clean and relevant to the subject. Kodos to the mods. Out.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! We appreciate it.

It is actually very much all of the great regular members of WPCentral that make the site what it is. When you help other members through positive, friendly posts and report anything that breaks the rules, you are the ones responsible for the improvement of the community.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I will try to be a great regular member! I'm on and off wpc all through the day and enjoy it partly because of the lack off negative crap associated for some reason with cell phones(don't understand?). Who ever is taking care of it, good job.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I duck on to crack berry on occasion since I spent some time on there trying to figure out my last smart phone. I like they're product and have money invested. About 5 minutes on is about all I can stand. There are so many trolls on that site it is ridiculous. If you have an issue with your phone I understand explaining it and trying to get resolution. Going to a BB or Iphones or what ever site to talk trash and then say you have the right is just straight jackassery. When a new WP product comes out I notice the trolls and the negative s*** ratchets up a notch, but on the whole the mods keep the site clean and relevant to the subject. Kodos to the mods. Out.

Honestly Android Central isn't any better.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Now that I realize it, this site is cleaner than a lot of other sites out there.

Not to mention, the rules here are way looser than on some other forums.

So, thanks anyway!

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
CrackBerry used to be rather decent, but now it seems rather "trollish," like iMore. I really do like the community here, and I hope that it doesn't change after I buy my Windows Phone (thinking Lumia 928!). Android Central was always full of trolls, but not to the extent of iMore. It does seem to have gotten worse, with the HTC One, and Samsung Galaxy S4 being launched. That being said, I refuse to use Android Central anymore after someone reported a post of mine, and the both the reporter and mod both were wrong in what they said...just lacks integrity in my opinion.
With that being said, keep up the good work. I read here rather often, but hardly ever post.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Honestly Android Central isn't any better.
I think your right. I been on android central a couple of times and I do remember alot of crap being thrown around. Crackberry is friggin ridiculous. If you like your phone don't go to forums I guess. WPC is the best I've been on so far.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't even get me started with XDA and their God-like MODS with Nero complexes. I don't use a WP phone right now but I like hangin' here because there are some really nice folks here and it's always good to stay in tune to the WP news of the day.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
In all fairness, WPC/CB/AC/iM should all have a reasonably equal amount of bad posts etc. After all, all the sites are governed by the same guidelines. I happen to be friends with the Mod Team Leader at CB so I will check in with him about this. However, thanks for the good feedback. It makes a nice change to the usual blasts of negativity we get here. Some of the hate mail we receive... *shudder*

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
All forums have the same rules. But each forum has it's own personality and that makes a difference. And I'm sure each team does things in their own way. No one is more correct than the others. But glad you are enjoying the forum and thanks.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I think your right. I been on android central a couple of times and I do remember alot of crap being thrown around. Crackberry is friggin ridiculous. If you like your phone don't go to forums I guess. WPC is the best I've been on so far.

If I were to buy a phone based off of nothing but the communities here, without a doubt I'd purchase a Windows Phone. Hopefully the people here don't mind me hanging out and asking questions prior to my purchasing a phone.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
All forums have the same rules. But each forum has it's own personality and that makes a difference. And I'm sure each team does things in their own way. No one is more correct than the others. But glad you are enjoying the forum and thanks.

Well said.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
If I were to buy a phone based off of nothing but the communities here, without a doubt I'd purchase a Windows Phone. Hopefully the people here don't mind me hanging out and asking questions prior to my purchasing a phone.

By all means please do. The purpose of the forums is to share info, learn and have fun. I find out something new and get a few laughs every day.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
He's telling the truth, there have been quite a few members that contested thread closures and warnings in an overly radical way.

I was one of them. Lucky I realize how stupid I was acting. I appreciate the mod and ambassador teams here. This is by far one of the best communities on the internet. This is also one reason why I have a windows phone is because of the great people on this website. I know that might sound silly, but for me iPhone probably meets my needs the most (only missing apps for work on WP), but this community is the reason why I have stuck through 3 generations of windows phones. (HTC HD7, Titan 2, and L920)

Last edited:

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't own a 920 because of wpc, I own it because its a bad azz phone! I know how to utilize it more to its potential because of wpc. The learning curve is to steep with these phones, forums are necessary. When you get on one and all you see is how crappy your devise is gets old fast. I understand "marketing" but time and place for everything. WPC is a pleasure for the most part to visit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea