Where are the reviews?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I really love WPCentral and they do a great job. But am I the only one wondering why we can't have reviews of high end phones in a timely manner. The Nokia Lumia 928 came out over two months ago and still nothing. The Nokia Lumia 925 debuted last month over seas and we got an early unboxing. You can go almost anywhere else and get reviews on each of these devices now. I'm not saying WPCentral should try to be first and have rushed(IMO) reviews just for the sake of being first, but gor the LEADER in Windows Phone news its a little bit of a letdown that we have to rely on other sites for reviews of our devices. Just saying.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
They did a comparison to the 920 but really there isn't much to say about the 928 considering the only differences being slight design change and a different flash.

Both the 925 and 928 could use long reviews but behavior wise, you will get the same info as the 920.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I like that when WPC has reviewed a phone, they have lived with it for a while and have the same experience as an owner would.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
They promised a 928 review about a month ago. Still.. Nothing! We all get upset when other sites ignore WP but we don't even get a review on WP central! Great site but this is highly frustrating.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
They promised a 928 review about a month ago. Still.. Nothing! We all get upset when other sites ignore WP but we don't even get a review on WP central! Great site but this is highly frustrating.

I do have to agree with this. They should be giving more device reviews. WPCentral is a reliable source with great writers. They do a good job covering apps. But it would be nice to see some reviews of the 928 & 925.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The user experience between the 3 devices the 920, 925, and 928 are the same. The only difference is a slightly better camera in the 925.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Daniel Rubino promised us a review over a month ago. Then after an issue he was waiting for a replacement phone. Then again we were promised a review within the week.... Still nothing. If someone is looking for info on a 928 WP central is the best source for WP info. A review of a similar phone just won't cut it.

SMMinke

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You forgot little nuances such as feeling in the hand, batter life, and call quality/speaker volume.

Correct! I've been waiting patiently to read the WP Central full review to see if the 928 will replace my HTC Arrive. Especially after seeing some troublesome news about slowness on the Verizon LTE network and concerns about low-volume levels for in-call sound as well as "muffled voice".

I trust WP Central for buying decisions and saw the 925 Full Review come out while still waiting for my 928 review. I guess I'll continue to wait out the rest of my Sprint contract while waiting on the 928 review-- which blessedly ends in 15 days. :)

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Correct! I've been waiting patiently to read the WP Central full review to see if the 928 will replace my HTC Arrive. Especially after seeing some troublesome news about slowness on the Verizon LTE network and concerns about low-volume levels for in-call sound as well as "muffled voice".

I trust WP Central for buying decisions and saw the 925 Full Review come out while still waiting for my 928 review. I guess I'll continue to wait out the rest of my Sprint contract while waiting on the 928 review-- which blessedly ends in 15 days. :)

As for muffled sound, not with mine. This is the best sounding cell phone I have had. Very clear earpiece and speaker. As for Verizon lte, its lightning fast!

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I really love WPCentral and they do a great job. But am I the only one wondering why we can't have reviews of high end phones in a timely manner. The Nokia Lumia 928 came out over two months ago and still nothing. The Nokia Lumia 925 debuted last month over seas and we got an early unboxing. You can go almost anywhere else and get reviews on each of these devices now. I'm not saying WPCentral should try to be first and have rushed(IMO) reviews just for the sake of being first, but gor the LEADER in Windows Phone news its a little bit of a letdown that we have to rely on other sites for reviews of our devices. Just saying.

Agree. When the editors say they are going to deliver, they should; yet the review was promised to the readers over one month ago, and still nothing. Perhaps Daniel should delegate more so that there is more balance - I've seen more Microsoft/Windows 8 news and reviews of PC's/Laptops, than actual reviews for the very few phone devices currently on the market.

There is a another site, All About Windows Phone - they just posted their review of the Lumia 928 this past week. Thing is, they are in the UK! That a UK site could get their hands on, and review the Lumia 928 is pretty impressive. In addition, they are camera phone aficionados, so they give very insightful image comparisons from the devices as well. Also, there is another site, The Nokia Blog - Mark Guim did his review of the Lumia 928 a while back, and did his Lumia 925 a couple of weeks ago.

When it comes to Nokia devices, the Nokia centric blogs are my 'go to' sites to get info first, as they are simply, and historically, more enthusiastic about Nokia products.

CrackBerry Kevin

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I know Dan and the team like to be thorough on the their reviews, but that the community likes to get them fast too. Will suggest they do the initial impressions / quick review as fast as possible as soon as new phones come out (the way other sites tend to treat their full reviews), and then also follow up with the WPC full out review after more use. Best of both worlds that way. You should never be waiting too long for those hot phone reviews. :)

Last edited:

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you see how well WPCentral covered the Nokia Lumia 1020 review? Just awesome. A very great review that is both timely and thorough. I'm proud.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you see how well WPCentral covered the Nokia Lumia 1020 review? Just awesome. A very great review that is both timely and thorough. I'm proud.

I agree. This is another example of us Verizon customers getting the shaft. Not only are we viewed as second class citizens by Nokia but even WPCentral treats us like crap. Say what you want about how WP friendly at&t is but Verizon has sold more Windows Phones...and we still can't get a review of our flagship on the top WP site!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea