Ignored users posts showing but w hidden warning

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Whenever I view a thread with posts from people on my ignore list the posts are shown even though there is a warning stating that the person is on my ignore list and the post is hidden. Anyway to fix? Thanks.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I view a thread with posts from people on my ignore list the posts are shown even though there is a warning stating that the person is on my ignore list and the post is hidden. Anyway to fix? Thanks.

that is probably done on purpose so threads make sense. Taking away a post or two in a thread without you knowing could have everything not make sense.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
But it works when viewing on the site and it does have the text saying the user is on your ignore list so would make sense to actually block the post for consistency with the site and the app stating the user is ignored.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
But it works when viewing on the site and it does have the text saying the user is on your ignore list so would make sense to actually block the post for consistency with the site and the app stating the user is ignored.
I didn't notice that you put this in the App forum. It could be a limitation of what the app can do or something that Jay hasn't gotten to yet.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Didn't even know this was a feature of the site... I pull back whatever tapatalk send me some I would be keen to know if you could see how those threads look on other forum apps?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
What other apps can I try, I actually hardly read any other forums on my phone apart from this one if its not accessible via a corresponding site app so haven't needed another forum app.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Board express and Tapatalk both have apps which I think have free trials, they should help expose where this behaviour comes from

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Ok, I'll give them a shot and post the results.

Edit: couldn't find Board Express and Tapatalk doesn't have a trial.

Last edited:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'll give them a shot and post the results.

Edit: couldn't find Board Express and Tapatalk doesn't have a trial.

Board Express might have been pulled. It was a Tapatalk client. The actually Tapatalk works really well and worth the money. It will work with many of the forums on the internet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos