01-21-2015 11:16 AM
32 12
tools
    For soms reason I can no longer pull articles from wpcentral into weave. It always gives me the cannot mobilize error.

Do you guys still allow mobilizing you articles or is it switched off entirely.
    10-22-2013 01:35 AM
    I'm facing the same problem.
    10-22-2013 01:38 AM
    Can you give me more details about the problem? I assume you are referring to the Weave app in the Store? We did a forums upgrade last night, so it may be related to that. I just need enough detail to reproduce the issue on my end.
    10-23-2013 09:27 AM
    Can you give me more details about the problem? I assume you are referring to the Weave app in the Store? We did a forums upgrade last night, so it may be related to that. I just need enough detail to reproduce the issue on my end.
    this is the error message that appears for all articles pulled from wpcentral:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...dr7AbDUeDY&v=3
    10-23-2013 11:24 AM
    Indeed, that is the error I get as well. It's a problem with the rss feed I think...
    10-23-2013 11:42 AM
    I get the same error when I use Weave and also when I use NewsSpot.

It happens with all RSS feeds from the Mobile Nations sites (WPCentral, iMore, Android Central, CrackBerry). Feeds not associated with Mobile Nations mobilize just fine in Weave and in NewsSpot.
    10-23-2013 01:03 PM
    Thanks for all the info. I was able to reproduce some of the problems and we are working on a fix.
    10-23-2013 01:38 PM
    Any news on the fix? I'm not really getting any feeds since this afternoon, not even the topics...I really love pulling in my wp news through weave.
    10-29-2013 01:20 PM
    I looked into this the other day. Turns out that there isn't much we can do on our end about this. I recommend contacting the developers of the app(s) to add support for WPCentral.com. Most likely the app developers are using a service such as instapaper.com. We've contacted instapaper and they put us on a list of sites to be supported. Not sure how long this process will take.

I would recommend installing the Official WPCentral App. It provides so many features, especially viewing and posting comments. The mobilizer integration is fully supported in this app.
    10-29-2013 05:28 PM
    I looked into this the other day. Turns out that there isn't much we can do on our end about this. I recommend contacting the developers of the app(s) to add support for WPCentral.com. Most likely the app developers are using a service such as instapaper.com. We've contacted instapaper and they put us on a list of sites to be supported. Not sure how long this process will take.

I would recommend installing the Official WPCentral App. It provides so many features, especially viewing and posting comments. The mobilizer integration is fully supported in this app.
    Thanks. I have emailed the developer of Weave.
    10-30-2013 04:12 AM
    I tweeted them with the problem. This is what they said: "for whatever reason readability's api can't parse their new article layout."
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2013 04:31 AM

What do you suggest for the other Mobile Nations RSS feeds? I follow all sites, not just WPCentral. The WPCentral app won't help with RSS feeds from Android Central, iMore, CrackBerry, webOS Nation or Mobile Nations.
    10-30-2013 04:32 AM
    What do you suggest for the other Mobile Nations RSS feeds? I follow all sites, not just WPCentral. The WPCentral app won't help with RSS feeds from Android Central, iMore, CrackBerry, webOS Nation or Mobile Nations.
    Hi Tom, Laura,

Arash from Seles Games here. To the best of my knowledge, around the time of this post Fix: Windows Phone Central App should be working again (for those on AT&T) | Windows Phone Central articles were no longer able to be mobilized.

I don't know if something changed with the format of the article HTML (it is not an RSS issue, since the mobilizer works directly with the article's URL), or if it is just a coincidence and something broke with Readability's mobilizer service (which is what Weave uses for mobilizing).

An example that shows the very generic error message that is generated:

http://www.readability.com/m?url=http://www.windowscentral.com/video-new-friends-app-xbox-one

Now I filed a request right now via that link for support from Readability, but the more people requesting support from them, the better chance they will figure out why WPCentral articles are no longer mobilizing via their service!

Thank you,

- Seles Games
    Laura Knotek and mpt15 like this.
    10-30-2013 05:58 AM
    Hi Tom,

Wanted to test something: just tried mobilizing that article via Instapaper's service:

New Friends App on Xbox One caught on tape

Instapaper is not able to mobilize it either. I'm guessing there's some HTML element that is confusing mobilizer services? Please let me know if I can help out with any further info, our email is info@selesgames.com

Thank you,

- Seles Games
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2013 06:03 AM
    Thanks for all the support so far.
    10-30-2013 06:10 AM
    Any updates on this issue? It was a lot easier for me to read all the wpcentral goodness through a mobilizer instead of a webpage to be honest.
    11-06-2013 01:44 AM
    Any updates on this issue? It was a lot easier for me to read all the wpcentral goodness through a mobilizer instead of a webpage to be honest.
    I'll ping Tom and have him pop in here :)
    Aardappelboom likes this.
    11-06-2013 09:03 AM
    I may have some more useful information:

I am able to mobilize this article: "Microsoft delays Office for iPad, but speeds up Office for Windows RT" ( Microsoft delays Office for iPad, but speeds up Office for Windows RT | Windows Phone Central )
    But none of the others.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-2013 01:15 PM
    I will implement some of the guidelines listed here: Article Publishing Guidelines — Readability and hopefully this will allow readability to mobilize the articles. Stay tuned.
    11-07-2013 10:20 AM
    I've implemented the changes to wpcentral to conform to the guidelines, but unfortunately this did not help. I've sent an email to readability.com for support.
    11-07-2013 02:42 PM
    Dear Tom,

I would like to thank you for your efforts to solve this problem. It is extremely rare to find this good of a support service on news sites.
    James Falconer and mpt15 like this.
    11-07-2013 04:20 PM
    Any update on progress made in solving this issue? Thanks.
    12-02-2013 07:30 AM
    I've sent another email to the readability team.
    James Falconer likes this.
    12-02-2013 09:43 AM
    thanks!
    12-02-2013 12:40 PM
    Sooooooooo it's been another 7 months. Any update?
    07-10-2014 11:28 PM
32 12