Mobile Nations - Enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Change ad provider now.

They have caused your users to download malware, made banner ads a couple pages long and have made your site slower to load then the Verge ( which I didn't think was possible).

Pretty soon I will just give up being an ambassador to a site who cares more about ads then the users who make those ads profitable. Stop with "we'll look into it". Get rid of the source.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... Very objective and helpful thread. Nothing like starting with a threat.

To be fair, this is why I have AdBlock enabled on WPCentral. Even if I did want to support you, the ads served on this site are plain ridiculous. On other forums, I see ads that are at least of interest to me (including an ad for Visual Studio 2013, really Microsoft?). On WPCentral? Ads telling me to buy Android phones. Ads telling me I've won something for the nth time. Ads...well, you get the idea.

Heck, even the ads on the trial version of WPCentral are better. They at least serve a purpose, and like it or not, they've actually pushed me towards quite a few apps.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
To be fair, this is why I have AdBlock enabled on WPCentral. Even if I did want to support you, the ads served on this site are plain ridiculous. On other forums, I see ads that are at least of interest to me (including an ad for Visual Studio 2013, really Microsoft?). On WPCentral? Ads telling me to buy Android phones. Ads telling me I've won something for the nth time. Ads...well, you get the idea.

Heck, even the ads on the trial version of WPCentral are better. They at least serve a purpose, and like it or not, they've actually pushed me towards quite a few apps.

Have you gotten a virus from an add on WPC? If something went wrong with WPC adds causing your PC to get a virus. Would you dump your Ambassador duties? Sometimes things happen I need the support of my Ambassadors to get things resolved.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Have you gotten a virus from an add on WPC? If something went wrong with WPC adds causing your PC to get a virus. Would you dump your Ambassador duties? Sometimes things happen I need the support of my Ambassadors to get things resolved.
Yes, nope and nope.
What I'm trying to say is that he has a point.
Besides, WPCentral isn't already optimized for IE. After that, those ads - which are poorly executed - are a slap in the face.
Even H-sites don't get as bad as this.

As for that virus...I must admit, I accidentally clicked on the ad, and ever since, IE kept redirecting to some crappy search site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss