WP8 WPC App Will Not refresh on Home WiFi

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
For the last week or so the WP8 WPC App will not refresh the News when using my home WiFi, the progress 'dots' just keep flying by and the news doesn't load. It's worked fine in the past and works fine on other WiFi networks and LTE.
Everything else in the app works fine.
Nothing has changed on my home network either.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Here's a pic of the error and the log file(which was also emailed by app)

wp_ss_20131108_0001.png

Code:
=Parameter Dictionary=
version : 4.3.18.8
trial : False
deviceInfo : NOKIA RM-860_nam_usa_100

=Auto Generated Technical Detail=

11/8/2013 9:00:53 PM - CRITICAL
StackTrace: 
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at WPCentral.SettingsPage.saveSettings(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Phone.Controls.PhoneApplicationPage.Microsoft.Phone.Controls.IPhoneApplicationPage.InternalOnBackKeyPress(CancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Navigation.Journal.SystemKeyPressed(NavigationSystemKey systemKeyType)
   at Microsoft.Phone.TaskModel.Interop.Task.FireOnSystemKeyPressed(Int32 systemKeyType)
--------------------------

Bug reporting provided by the WPClogger

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How fast is your home WiFi network? I've experienced the same problem as you, but it's happened when I've been on slow public WiFi networks. My speeds at home are generally like this:

I've had the WPCentral App throw that error on slow WiFi networks that were ~800 Kbps down and 465 Kbps up.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Nice thanks for reporting this. Jay will be taking a look at it. Is it only happening on WIFI? If you use cellular it works fine?

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting 28 down and 5 up, consistently.
Only happens on my home WiFi, works fine on other WiFi networks and LTE(cellular)
Yes I have downloaded apps via proxy. All proxy settings have been eliminated though. That was done a while ago and WPC worked afterwards. This just started happening recently.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am just making sure but have you deleted your WiFi then reconnected?
Yeppers, one of the first things I tried. Un-installed and re-installed the app a couple times too.
The only possible thing I could think of, that is the biggest difference and basically the only change, is the GDR3 update.
The problem with that is, I really didn't notice if that's when the News issue started. I usually hit WPC on the PC when I'm home.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that error message isn't related to network issues at all, in fact it's another bug which I'll be fixing in an update due soon. In regards to connectivity problems I'm afraid there's very little I can offer in the way of help, if the app can't connect on one network then the chances are that network is blocking it for some odd reason.
The best thing I can offer is to check that you can access the wpcentral site from your phone on that WiFi

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that error message isn't related to network issues at all, in fact it's another bug which I'll be fixing in an update due soon. In regards to connectivity problems I'm afraid there's very little I can offer in the way of help, if the app can't connect on one network then the chances are that network is blocking it for some odd reason.
The best thing I can offer is to check that you can access the wpcentral site from your phone on that WiFi
I can connect no problem to wpcentral site from the phone on the same wifi, just having the issue in the app only. Strange.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, I reset all my network hardware and re-configured everything and still get the same issue. It's just really strange. I'm leaning more and more towards GDR3 being responsible in some way.
No biggie at this point, we'll see what happens when Nokia releases the Black update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb