How to report spam

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Click the black triangle with the white exclamation point in it located on the upper right hand side of every post. This works in a browser. You can't do it from the WPCentral App

Doomguy

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for not being clear enough. What I meant is, how can you report spam in the article comments? I am aware of the "report post" button here in the forums.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no easy way at present to report spam in the article comments. For now the best I can tell you is to e-mail a mod or admin to report it. I know that's a pain and probably not something you want to do. The editors and mods try to keep an eye out and catch them best they can, but of course they can't get everything. Perhaps it's something James can run to the tech team to look at implementing.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no easy way at present to report spam in the article comments. For now the best I can tell you is to e-mail a mod or admin to report it. I know that's a pain and probably not something you want to do. The editors and mods try to keep an eye out and catch them best they can, but of course they can't get everything. Perhaps it's something James can run to the tech team to look at implementing.

Comment spam is definitely something we're always looking to combat and address.

All moderators here at the WPC Forums should have comment spam tools to help in the comments as well. Anytime a spam comment is noticed, I'd recommend sending a PM to the mod you're most comfortable with, and he or she can obliterate the spam!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett