Navigation Issue & Request

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I love the WPCentral app, but there is one thing regarding navigation that I think could be improved upon. While browsing the forums, when you hit Back on the phone (to get out of a specific forum category) you don't go back to last category page you were on, you go to the first page of forum. For example, if I'm looking at the Surface 2 forum, and hit back, I don't go to the Windows 8 tablet (from where I selected Surface 2), I go to start page for WP Central Community forum page. Since I have a Surface 2 and a Surface RT, I like to review the Surface 2 forum, then the Surface RT forum. After reviewing the first, and hitting back, I can't just select the second sub-category to review, I have to scroll to the right 5 screens to get back to the Windows 8 tablet page, then select Surface RT. I know it's not a huge problem, but this happens multiple times usually in any given "session" of reviewing the forums, so I'm constantly hitting back, then having to scroll right to get back to where I was at in the forum. I'm not sure the best way to correct this, but having some way to go back to the page you were most recently on (as it relates to categories and sub-categories) would be great. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll put this one on the to-do list :)

In the mean-time though, did you know you can save yourself all the swiping by tapping on the name of the forum on that screen? It will bring up a jump-list and you can go straight to the section you want :)

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Jay. I was not aware you could tap on the forum names to bring up a list of sections. That is much easier than swiping like I was doing. Also, while playing around with using that feature, the back arrow I originally posted about functions different. If you click on the forum title, then select a category (say Windows 8 Tablets) then select a sub-forum like Surface 2, then hit back when done, you do go back to the Windows 8 tablet page. You don't go back to the start page like you do when hitting back after swiping to the Windows 8 Tablets page.Interestingly, if I then swipe to another page, select a sub-topic, then hit back from that page, I go back to the Windows 8 Tablet page. So there must be something different going on with how pages cache or are remembered when swiping vs. tapping names and select topics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786