WPCentral app not showing updates on live tile

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the full version of WPCentral app on my Windows 8 phone. It was working fine all this while until a few days back. Whenever news posts were made, it used to show up on the live tile i.e. the count and the title of the latest post. However now it doesn't not sure why has it stopped all of a sudden.

Is anyone else facing this problem too or is it just me ?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I assume you went in the app to pin the tile as it was working before. Are your other live tiles updating? I've found that if 1 stops working, the others do too, meaning Engadget, Amazing Weather HD, and Battery Performance in my case. The phone, messaging and mail tiles will continue to function regardless.
If the problem is specific to WPCentral, I'd uninstall and reinstall it and repin. If all the tiles are doing it, unpin them all, go to your settings/background tasks and temporarily disable them all by telling it re-enable the next time the app starts. Restart your phone, then start each app and repin the tiles and they should start working again.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I had to uninstall and re-install the app. Then it worked. Had to do that with a few other apps too.
This looks like a bug with the OS. I hope MS fixes this in the releases to come.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Now again its stopped working. I'm having the same problem with a couple of other live tiles. Its a bug with the Windows 8 OS. I hope Microsoft addresses this issue on a priority basis or else the whole meaning of a windows8 phone become pointless, the reason being the live tiles is a key factor that makes the OS stand out from iOS and Android.

yellowspark007

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I too have a prob but a little difference is there...... The live tile becomes black and it remains the same way for a long time until i open the app

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's because we made a very custom live tile implementation to try and make things look fancy. If you're seeing this happen a lot then please switch to the Iconic live tile style

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)