Swipe up for comments (Windows 8)

KevinRobinson3

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I hope you don't mind me asking this - I was really impressed and inspired by some behaviour on the Windows Phone Central Windows 8 app (judging by the YouTube demo), and hoped to replicate it in an app I am developing.

I am building a Windows Store app for a blog to which I contribute (No Nay Never – The Burnley FC blog).

On the article detail page I would like to simulate the behaviour comments on the W8 WPC app (also similar to 'all apps' on Windows 8.1 start screen).

I envisage the article text scrolling horizontally, and extra content such as comments accessible via an upward swipe (or click of an arrow button).

Example behaviour at 04:30 here - Windows Phone Central Windows 8.1 App (Preview) - YouTube
Another example at 00:20 here - Windows 8.1 Access the All Apps Screen (it's not a right-click or a flick up anymore) - YouTube

My only problem is quite simple - I have no idea how to do this. I am using JavaScript and HTML to develop the app - can you help point me in the right direction in any way?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It took me a while to figure out how to get this working, and I'm afraid I don't have time to go into too much detail, but I can tell you that I achieved it using a FlipView control within a FlipView control. That is, one FlipView goes horizontally, the other FlipView goes vertically. I developed the app in C# and XAML so I'm afraid I can't give you any real guidance for using the HTML tools, but another developer might be able to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes