Home Screen Button on iPad using old WPCentral logo

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I know this is WPCentral, and not iMore, but I still have an iPad as well. When I add it to my homescreen, or add it to the menu in safari, it shows the old logo. Any reason why it does this? Thanks.

ru2yqe8e.jpg

Sent NOT from my iPad using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've reported this bug to the tech staff. Does it only happen in mobile Safari on iPad, or does it also happen in desktop Safari on Mac?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm updating all of our forums apps this week. We have new icons to upload... have already pushed the Android icons out, will do the same for iOS this week!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm updating all of our forums apps this week. We have new icons to upload... have already pushed the Android icons out, will do the same for iOS this week!

This isn't the forums app, this is the WPCentral main page (the blog) added to my home screen.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you let us know when this will come out? I noticed the tapatalk icons changed for our forums, but that wasn't really my concern, more the WPCentral web link on home screen icon.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you check desktop Safari to ensure that the same thing doesn't happen in OS X too, not just in iOS?

I haven't gotten around to it, sorry.

Edit: Woops! I thought you replied to me. This is what happens when I only get 5 hours a sleep every night of the week...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
There is two WPCentral things for iOS. There is the website where you can add it to your homescreen and the forums app. The posts I was talking about was the wpcentral website logo on the homescreen.

But now I'll talk about another issue. On the App Store, it shows the older logo and older screenshots, but the actual logo when it is on my homescreen is the current logo, and a different UI than the screenshots.

enuzyru9.jpg
gevepe9e.jpg
beqe6e8a.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs