Please stop the music on your homepage!!!

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you are saying? But you can Volume up or down and the pause button will show up on the screen. Is that what you were asking?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So many sites do such annoying things with ads anymore. I use NoScript in Firefox. I use it for security, not as an adblock. But it amazes me when I visit a site in IE how annoying browsing the web can be. Ajax ads fly in constantly (which is REALLY handy on mobile touch browsers btw), those stupid ads that jump out if you accidentally roll your mouse over the wrong word in a paragraph, and ads that start automatically playing video and audio at complete random. It is a shame.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually I have the same problem as the OP: when visiting wpcentral with the IE on Win8.1, after some time, music starts somewhere on the page. This is extremely annoying. It doesn't happen immediately, but you need to give it 30 s or even longer. It is not in the forum or the WP app.

Please stop this, it actually physically drives me away from wpcentral.

davidofmidnight

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I found an autoplay ad at the bottom of the sidebar. The volume selector was at its lowest setting, though I don't know if that was just me.

(Just checked this thread in IE and the same crap-ad is there. (err, here.)

I understand the need for ads on websites, but I have very little respect for sites that use autoplay ones. Thus, adblockers are a must.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that is it. I found it too. The adblocker is a good idea. But since the site is free, I am giving them a couple of weeks to fix this. If they don't fix it, I will move on with an adblocker. Can you recommend one for IE?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@All - FYI, if you encounter an autoplay or annoying ad in the future, do screen cap it and send my way. I can bring it up with our ad partner. Thanks.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Visit this page: ****** Adblock Homepage . (If you're on Metro IE11 or Desktop this works!) Add both of the TOP TpLs. This will block almost all ads! Found this on Youtube and have had it in my browser since.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss