Windows Phone Central -> Windows Central

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This has been mentioned a couple times by others, just curious if anyone else likes the idea and if WPC would even being willing to consider the brand change. I think it feels much more inclusive of the entire Windows environment/ecosystem. It's also aligns with Microsoft's goals for Windows/Windows Phone.

Anyways, just an idea...

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
re: Windows Phone Central -> Windows Central

Mobile Nations. Just won't happen pal.

Windows is MOBILE. Just like Android and iOS, Windows is a mobile OS now. Hence the Surface, and the laundry list of other Windows tablets, etc. We're also hearing that Microsoft's long term goal is to potentially have one OS that just reshapes itself based on screen size.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
For now I think the WPC name still holds up since there are some articles about Windows 8.1, Surface, and Xbox, but the majority of articles are about Windows Phone. A name change could happen by 2015 since all of Microsoft's operating systems will be merged into one Windows OS (good riddance RT). But even when this happens, the OS names will probably stay the same, so there still might not be much of a reason to have a name change.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
For now I think the WPC name still holds up since there are some articles about Windows 8.1, Surface, and Xbox, but the majority of articles are about Windows Phone. A name change could happen by 2015 since all of Microsoft's operating systems will be merged into one Windows OS (good riddance RT). But even when this happens, the OS names will probably stay the same, so there still might not be much of a reason to have a name change.

Agree.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Does renaming affect Search engine optimization?

I suppose search will be broken.

Yes, although since WPCentral is a part of Mobile Nations, I think the long term SEO impact will be minimal. Also, they'll keep wpcentral.com as a redirect so any old links, etc. will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12