anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
how on earth (or mars) do i log in, in this app? i went to settings > content and deleted my account settings cos i couldn't post due some error. now i cant find any place to sign in. i must be blind or the option isn't there.... if it is there, i suggest making it discoverable

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
When you open the app, swipe from Right to Left once; this will put you on the "Browse" screen. Click on "Forums". Swipe from Left to Right once; you'll be on a page titled "More". Click "Sign in"

Presto! You're all signed in!

EDIT: I would also like to see a more obvious way to log in implemented in the future. Whether it be via the application bar or in the application settings... but that's just me

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What was described is how to sign in to our forums. Otherwise you will be prompted to sign in to the app when you go to try and comment on an article or to post in the forums. We designed the app to prompt you to log in only when you'd need to.

sarim_xyz

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello Jay,

I can't comment on posts because I changed my password, or some other such reason. It says,"Error posting comment: Bad authentication code. Try logging in again. please try again". How do I log out and then log in again? I tried signing in to forums, I can sign in successfully, but doesn't help here. The same happens with me while posting on Windows 8.1 app. I was using a Microsoft account, but I did make a username and password for WPCentral apps and use that one to sign in to the apps.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't log in no matter what. It says my username and password are wrong. I have my Microsoft and Twitter accounts connected. No logins work. Help?

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I've never been able to log in through the app. It complains that my username or password is incorrect and that I've used 1 out of 5 log in attempts. I tried to change my password but it didn't help. I also typed my password to the username field and then pasted it to the password field but I keep getting that error message. Any help is appreciated.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If you're not using a wpcentral account you won't be able to log into the app or forums, there are several posts and a stickied thread here telling you how to add a wpcentral password to your account

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz