Accessibility issue with wpcentral mobile version

Sunil Pathak

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I am a week old user of wpcentral and i pretty much like it. Wpcentral is one site that i acess the most on my lumia 720 (twitter and fb comes 2/3).

but my experience is not so exiting with accessing different forums and its only because there is no bread crumb links to go back.

every time i need to hit back or click the header and start again from main menu which is not only time consuming but also makes the whole experience very boring.

Sunil Pathak

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Oh! One more point which is equally important.
a link to wpcentral blog would be great. Typing url over and over is bloody irritating some time.

PS: this issues are with mobile version of wp. I hardly use my laptop these days. So dont know if all these Accessibility features are there on full site

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Sunil, use tapatalk app to acces wpcentral. Quite useful and dont't need any browser. It has some limitations, but runs fine for me.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

Sunil Pathak

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Erik

i'll try taptalk and will let u know about my experience.

but i strangely believe that wpcentral should have bread crumb links fir mobile version

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll look into breadcrumb navigation for forums, it's a fairly decent sized change but in the meantime would it help if tapping "back" took you back to the view you came from? That's a change I need to sort out that's long overdue

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about going back one step (ie - you're in a topic and want to go back to the topic list for that board)?

On the mobile site, when in a topic, if you tap the topic title, either at the top or the bottom of the topic, it gives you a drop down selection to navigate back to any previous level. Works the same when you are in the topic list view. Clicking on the board name, either at the top or bottom of the topics listed, will give you a drop down list to navigate back.

Edit: Also, if you visit the site a lot on your phone, have you considered purchasing the WPCentral app? It's a great way to navigate the site on your mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb