IE11 bug on this site in touch mode?

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have difficulty with IE11 using the modern UI and touch on WP Central. Quite often when I try to make a forum post by touching the text box the cursor bounces back out of the box and loses focus. I can sometimes get it to stick by typing quickly. The other option is using a mouse to click into the box.

Does this happen to anyone else or is this just a weird on off issue I'm having.

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
And WP IE sometimes you can't scroll down because its freezing sometimes. On Facebook site instead of back to previous page.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This is also full WP8.1 running while running on metro. I have the virtual keybord set to the traditional full keyboard layout and it's also maximized. However, I am using the physical keyboard. Not that it matters because the focus shifts before I can use it.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just realized you can't control the docking of the keyboard on metro apps. When I use the mouse the virtual keyboard does not come up and focus stays. When I touch the keyboard comes up and then goes away while the focus is lost. I tried the normal keyboard layout and that does it too. The search box on the page seems to work fine.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate that they acknowledge the existence of the problem! That somehow makes it less annoying :). It's also a bit ironic considering the site's content.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just left a MS support chat about this. I am having problems replying with desktop IE11. The little wait circle is turning merrily away while I type this. It is sitting on the reply button just above. All of my copy and paste functions go away while it is doing that. If I want to paste a link here I would have to use firefox to do it.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for the reports here, it is much appreciated. We're trying to work through some problems with IE10 and IE11. Thank you for your patience!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue as well on desktop ie11 on both my home and my work computer. Where after a short while the text box stops registering key strokes making typing out messages very frustrating.

I only have this issue with one other message board - d2football.com.

I'm pretty sure it has to deal with an error between IE and the specific message board program/code that both sites use....

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
And it's just not posting/replying/editing on the forums with IE 11, Modern or Desktop. Just general slowness overall as of late with IE 11.

Tonight, I finally gave up and reinstalled Firefox on my W8.1 laptop just so I could post and browse/post quickly and efficiently. Using IE11 Modern/Desktop on WPCentral just isn't worth it anymore. :cry:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Installation/use of another browser is the recommended work around for right now... we're still working diligently on the IE11 issues and want to get this solved ASAP for all members! Thanks again for your patience!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
And it's just not posting/replying/editing on the forums with IE 11, Modern or Desktop. Just general slowness overall as of late with IE 11.

Tonight, I finally gave up and reinstalled Firefox on my W8.1 laptop just so I could post and browse/post quickly and efficiently. Using IE11 Modern/Desktop on WPCentral just isn't worth it anymore. :cry:
I've had zero issues on the Desktop with IE11 on this site so far. My only problems have been modern UI and touch. Even then a mouse will take care of the problem.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what the issue with touch on modern UI was? As a developer I'm just curious to know in case I ever encounter a similar problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion