Posting on this forum with my surface

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble posting here with their surface? I find it rather humorous in a weird way that the only way I can post to my favorite windows forum is using my apple machine.
When I try to post using the surface it goes all wonky, can't get itself out of some reboot loop in the posting box. Makes no diff whether I go advanced or not. anyway just venting my frustration.
My Nokia Icon does the same thing! My android does not!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have surface , but same goes for my Lumia 920 , my iPad behaves somewhat different , when I am typing in advanced mode , I can type but when I want to eraser something it wont , I have to switch to basic editor which works perfectly on iPad or I use mobile nations forums app on tablet
for my windows phone , I use mobile version(metro style ) which works great but the desktop version is not yet fixed , as soon I click on the empty space , keyboard appears for 1-2 sec and then disappears

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have problems with it on my Surface Pro as well. I tap the text box, and the keyboard and cursor pop up for half a second and then disappear. If you long press in the text box it fixes this issue and allows you to type. This works on Windows Phone too.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Posting this reply from surface 2 . typed on type cover 2
I used to be able to post fine with either my icon or surface then one day I notice it won't let me post anymore. I can post in any other forum and have zero issue using my surface or even my icon anywhere else, just wpcentral is a problem. So since it used to work and now it doesn't on two different devices I have to think it would be one heck of a coincidence for both these devices to fail only here. What's changed? Something has changed. So just wondering if anyone else has this issue. Interesting your not experiencing it. Anyone else? Both my mac book and ipad work fine posting here. kinda strange if you ask me.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this is from the surface. Seems to be working again. Really weird after several days of not working it now is working. Color me happy again, but still perplexed.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, this is from the surface. Seems to be working again. Really weird after several days of not working it now is working. Color me happy again, but still perplexed.

try the same with icon , mine still didn't worked on both iPad & Lumia , currently using my desktop with ie 11

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the wpcentral app on my icon now and it seems to be working ok. Guess I'll pay the .99 and keep the app. Maybe they're f'in with our phones to sell the app? J/K ;)

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Well that was short lived. Anytime I try to type a letter in the post box it goes all wonky and starts putting a letter down the page below the last one and over to the right and then my kb locks up and can't do anything. Weird. It would look like this, first letter goes m
Mmm
m
m
Like one on each line or maybe 2 or 3. Not going to mess with it anymore. Just use my iPad. What on a windows forum?
Blasphemy! Oh well ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3