Watch UFC 245 Exclusively on ESPN+

Catch Every Moment of UFC 245 Experience UFC PPV events like never before with ESPN+ and save over 25%!

Expand Minimize
    It seems there's not near enough staff who regularly check in the comments and handle things.

There are several members here who love to pick at us folks who have worked at MS, and quite honestly I'm near fed up with it...

I won't name names here...but the staff knows who these trolls are, but for some reason they are allowed to stay and pick repeatedly at people. Is it an attempt to not appear biased (which I can understand) that prevents more severe action at times, or is it a genuine want to keep folks like me away that like to share their knowledge, but get tired of having it picked at constantly by trolls?

BTW a ton of this could be fixed by adding a report function. News comments are way more frustrating than the forums in that way, since there's no way to really get attention to things, other than by literally fighting back in them.
    03-20-2014 09:07 PM
    The comments in the news articles fall under the editors and writing staff. Moderators and ambassadors are for the forums only. If there is something in the comments that is offensive you can contact our community manager James Falconer and hopefully he can help you.

Also please refrain from calling other members trolls. Per the forum rules:

[WARN]Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/WARN]
    Last edited by stmav; 03-20-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    03-20-2014 09:43 PM
    I didn't name anyone...so don't quote a rule at me when I'm attempting to make a suggestion to help the community while not violating any rules.

If you have a problem with my tone, then feel free to ban me, and I'll just tell other MS folks to stay away....problem solved.
    03-20-2014 10:58 PM
    I asked this a little while ago, and James said he is looking into adding a report button for the blog articles. Just to let you know.
    03-20-2014 11:01 PM
    I didn't name anyone...so don't quote a rule at me when I'm attempting to make a suggestion to help the community while not violating any rules.

If you have a problem with my tone, then feel free to ban me, and I'll just tell other MS folks to stay away....problem solved.
    And it is because of that tone that I am locking this thread.
    03-20-2014 11:08 PM
    Getting back to the OP here, we hear you loud and clear. The comments system is something we are currently working on, and the new system will have all sorts of new bells and whistles to curb some of the 'nonsense' that goes on from time to time. It's going to be a really good thing. Can't come soon enough!
    03-21-2014 09:25 AM