Daniel Rubino is a megalomanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanglewoodDEV

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
For my final visit to WPC, I just want to say that Daniel has turned into a ********* and his disdain for his readers (particularly the most vocal) has driven me away from this site - I have deleted the WPC app from my phone and will not provide anymore hits to this site.

Daniel has repeatedly said that he doesn't care about our opinions and has made it clear that his are the only ones that matter. He actually trolls the comment sections of his articles incoherently harassing commenters who stray from his view points. This is not the type of person I can support in any way. So, I'm out. I hate it, because I am a big fan and as far as news articles go, WPC is the best. However, I will find my news elsewhere.
:unhappy:

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I saw Rubino on the Windows weekly podcast and he looked like a nice and timid guy. He even has elf ears. Elfs are pure beings.

I just can't believe he's harassing users on wpcentral.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I must be pretty dense, if Dan has made it clear, because I don't see it. I guess I'll keep on living in my own fog of bliss.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
For my final visit to WPC, I just want to say that Daniel has turned into a ********* and his disdain for his readers
Eh, I think you're confusing my "disdain" for some comments with "disdain for his readers". I hardly dislike most or all of you, in fact, we go out of our way to thank readers nearly all the time. I'm not sure exactly what comments you are referring to, so that makes this all a bit of a whinge.

It's true I can be aggressive in comments but contrary to your post, it has hardly resulted in a flood of complaints. In fact, many readers actually appreciate my bluntness. I get others don't though, that's fine too.

As far as I'm concerned, if you post an opinion of something in a public forum, you should not be surprised if someone gives a contrary opinion and challenges your assumptions. If that bothers you, then comments are not your place. No one gets a free pass here and I expect quality comments from our readers (this will become evident when we install the upvote/downvote system). Most comments here are awesome. They contribute something to the discussion and even raise good points that I haven't thought of. Others though are complete crap. But if you're judging this site on comments alone as opposed to say the actual content we work hard to deliver, then I think you're missing the forest for trees.

And let's not forget, you're not immune to smartass comments either. I do recall you saying this to me, unprovoked: "Yeah, I'm not going to take advice from a guy who wears a wallet chain." and in another, unprovoked comment you note "Maybe his wallet chain is too tight.". Classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon