Shop Holiday deals at:Amazon | Walmart | Best Buy | Microsoft | Dell

Even wmpoweruser.com is showing more videos of WP8.1 now. They seem pretty legit. Also in all these session videos over here Build 2014 | Channel 9 there is a lot of info that could be covered in articles here. WP central is awfully quiet. Or are they busy on a 'big' article or something? Or laying in bed with a hangover from Build-parties?
    04-05-2014 12:14 PM
    Even wmpoweruser.com is showing more videos of WP8.1 now. They seem pretty legit. Also in all these session videos over here Build 2014 | Channel 9 there is a lot of info that could be covered in articles here. WP central is awfully quiet. Or are they busy on a 'big' article or something? Or laying in bed with a hangover from Build-parties?
    There are several video's already online from WPcentral? A basic one covering all of wp8.1, one for cortana and a couple more for other specific parts of the OS
    04-05-2014 12:16 PM
    There are several video's already online from WPcentral? A basic one covering all of wp8.1, one for cortana and a couple more for other specific parts of the OS
    That is not my point. There is more that could be shown. And I'm seeing it on other sites.
    04-05-2014 12:17 PM
    That is not my point. There is more that could be shown. And I'm seeing it on other sites.
    I am too lazy to find it right now, but Daniel posted awhile ago saying "why" WPCentral didn't post as much stuff as other sites.. It was more like they try to verify the information first before just posting everything and anything like sites such as WMPU will do..

That being said, now that WP8.1 leaked and people have questions, it seems some of the big leakers and media sites aren't answering or providing answers.. perhaps WPCentral has an NDA or something?
    04-05-2014 01:41 PM
    Actually there is nothing to show. I downloaded the 8.1 SDK and it's litteraly nothing.
    The BIG THING that I wanted (the File Manager) isn't there. Everything else is just a mini update.
    Also they have covered most of the 8.1.
    04-05-2014 06:32 PM
    I am too lazy to find it right now, but Daniel posted awhile ago saying "why" WPCentral didn't post as much stuff as other sites.. It was more like they try to verify the information first before just posting everything and anything like sites such as WMPU will do..

That being said, now that WP8.1 leaked and people have questions, it seems some of the big leakers and media sites aren't answering or providing answers.. perhaps WPCentral has an NDA or something?
    I think the article you're thinking of was Daniel explaining why they don't post as much about rumors, not hard news.

What do you mean by "leaked"? There's nothing left about 8.1 to leak and NDAs have ended since it's been officially announced, so I'm not sure what you're talking about? In a week anyone who wants to bother can download and install it.
    04-05-2014 06:47 PM
    I feel the same. I'm sure there are more bits out there that I could find, but I have felt a drop off in exciting articles from wpcentral.
    04-05-2014 06:58 PM
    Actually there is nothing to show. I downloaded the 8.1 SDK and it's litteraly nothing.
    The BIG THING that I wanted (the File Manager) isn't there. Everything else is just a mini update.
    Also they have covered most of the 8.1.
    There are lots of tiny bits that could be covered. Like for example in some session I heard a live tile now has 5 possible 'faces' instead of just a front and back face. And going forward and back in IE11 by swiping like on the Windows RT. I've heard about more tiny improvements, as well as on the back-end. Like they increased the memory cap size, and the Lumia 520 would see way less 'resuming' screens, and they would almost totally disappear on the L920 with 1GB.

But maybe that's all too technical to cover on a site like this?
    Last edited by crise; 04-06-2014 at 07:30 AM.
    04-06-2014 07:13 AM
    I don't think we've been quiet and I'm unsure of what metric you're using to measure our rate of news posts. We've actually posted a lot of quality news in the last week, more so than ever, resulting in our highest traffic to date (on Wednesday, we had over one million page views). So if we're not posting "a lot", we're not seeing a hit in traffic to the site. (Last I checked, we're the only site to have full hands on videos of 8.1 posted on Wednesday. Am I wrong?).

You also have to understand that when covering an event in person (along with Sam and Mark), we have to travel a lot, including flying 2000 miles, meetings with developers, Microsoft, Nokia and even fans. When that happens, it's true, a few of us aren't writing articles. I left SF Saturday morning, got home 12:45 am Sunday. Traveling is rough. WMPU has the luxury of not going to press events, or covering things live. They just re-post other people's news. That's easy.

I'm confident in our coverage and some of us are now in "review" mode, so yes, you may see less of me this week as a result. (Once again, WMPU has the luxury of not actually reviewing 8.1, they'll just publish a "recap" of everyone else's work).Regardless, if you want a site that just re-posts other people's content (often with the wrong context) all the time (as opposed to creating news), then I agree, WPCentral can seem slow. But that's not the type of site we're aiming to create.
    Last edited by Daniel Rubino; 04-07-2014 at 10:48 AM.
    04-07-2014 09:47 AM
    I don't think we've been quiet and I'm unsure of what metric you're using to measure our rate of news posts. We've actually posted a lot of quality news in the last week, more so than ever, resulting in our highest traffic to date (on Wednesday, we had over one million page views). So if we're not posting "a lot", we're not seeing it in traffic to the site. (Last I checked, we're the only site to have full hands on videos of 8.1 posted on Wednesday. Am I wrong?).

You also have to understand that when covering an event in person (along with Sam and Mark), we have to travel a lot, including flying 2000 miles, meetings with developers, Microsoft, Nokia and even fans. When that happens, it's true, a few of us aren't writing articles. I left SF Saturday morning, got home 12:45 am Sunday. Traveling is rough. WMPU has the luxury of not going to press events, or covering things live. They just re-post other people's news. That's easy.

I'm confident in our coverage and some of us are now in "review" mode, so yes, you may see less of me this week as a result. (Once again, WMPU has the luxury of not actually reviewing 8.1, they'll just publish a "recap" of everyone else's work).Regardless, if you want a site that just re-posts other people's content (often with the wrong context) all the time (as opposed to creating news), then I agree, WPCentral can seem slow. But that's not the type of site we're aiming to create.
    Agree 100%. :)

But with the new universal apps, will WPC on Windows 8 get more of the phone app features?

And will there be an Xbox one app? :P
    04-07-2014 09:59 AM