WP Central Transparent live tile please!!!

One day

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't know where to post this as its a suggestion for WPCentral. It would be amazing if WPCentral would allow their app's live tile to be configured to be transparent. The backside picture will remain when flipped, but the colored background behind the headlines should become transparent. Its in my top 3 apps (wide tile) but as it is it is kinda ruining the new 8.1 background image feature...

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
What is your config? Because mine is only transparent if it is not live - soon as it is a live tile, it is a solid WP8 live tile

Ah you're right. In fact, after playing with it a bit I can't get it back to being transparent with just the logo again :(. I imagine it will take some time for developers to integrate this feature into their tiles. I'm amazed that Office doesn't have it

One day

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I have several third party apps that are transparent currently (ex: Snooze It! and Sky.fm) I am sure it is pretty doable (easily) atm.

One day

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
actually thinking about it there is nothing they have to do... just allowing background color to be the phone's "default" tile color is probably the only configuration required..

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but I can't even make it transparent by turning off the live tile. ATT 1520.

Update: Hmm, seems to have worked itself out.

Last edited:

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You are using a preview for developers which is not yet fully supported by apps. We will be updating in due time. For now please try using the iconic tile style in our app

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I was just about to create a thread about this...I'm happy I did some searching first. At least it's adknowledged and will be fixed in an update. Good news indeed.

As for the iconic style live tile, it changes from transparent to solid once I go into the wpcentral app to check my daily dosage of news. Then minutes later, it turns back into transparent. This will work for me until the update comes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro