Known issue: App crashes when launching from a notification

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
If you're here to report on the issue that the app crashes when launching from a notification center, please see my update below taken from this news post: Official WPCentral app updated with bug fixes | Windows Phone Central

Update (Jay Bennett): Unfortunately in the rush to fix the problem some of our friends in certain regions were having with the advertising provider I have missed a key part of my testing and introduced a bug. Right now if you're seeing a crash when you launch the app from a notification please switch the our Custom Flip Tile style rather than the Iconic live tile. I will fix this immediately but it will take a few days to pass certification so won't be until next week. My apologies to all who were using the Iconic live tile!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
ah I found another bug on mum's Lumia 520 (she hasn't purchased any apps and I tried to install the trial version of WPC ) I have Enabled WPC as lock screen and app as well as to show detailed status from the app , now there is a bug here , if I open the app it shows a Lock screen warning " You have set WPCentral as .......choose a different wallpaper provider " , I tried re-installing the app but its still the same ( though she do not have many apps whatsapp , solitaire and mah-jong )

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Does she definitely have v4.4.19 installed as that should have been removed in the last update? There are other threads about it here

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Version 4.4.19.8. It's isn't removed/fixed for trial users. Official WPCentral app updated with bug fixes | Windows Phone Central
Official WPCentral app updated with bug fixes | Windows Phone Central
Both the users are from India (including me ) so this something related to region ?

OK I've just checked this in my in-development version and it definitely works, so either it somehow got missed out of the uploaded version or something hasn't patched properly. Really odd, but 4.4.20 was just submitted and will hopefully fix this for good

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
4.4.20 has just been submitted to address this issue, hopefully the turnaround will be quick but expect it around Tuesday next week :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb