Why does Live Tile need to be enabled for Toasts???

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Please have two different toggle switches that are not linked together to enable the app Live Tile and Toast notifications. I only want toast notifications and not the live tile.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Are you running on 8 or 8.1?
On 8 i had the myappfree app that gave me toasts even though the app was not pinned to my screen..
But on 8.1 you have the option to select how you want to be notified :)
This is only for a select few apps, but the list will grow

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm not talking about other apps. Specific the WPCentral app. In order to get toast notifications and NOT be bothered when the Live Tile isn't pinned to your home screen, the Live Tile option must be enabled in the WPCentral app. That's a dumb design and should be fixed.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not talking about other apps. Specific the WPCentral app. In order to get toast notifications and NOT be bothered when the Live Tile isn't pinned to your home screen, the Live Tile option must be enabled in the WPCentral app. That's a dumb design and should be fixed.

Ah.. Then only their dev can help you :p

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You need the live tile because we need the background task to have notifications. If you would like to have notifications but not pin the live tile, set your live tile to the custom flip style, enabled toasts. Then unpin the tile

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs