Wpcentral app works without wifi or data plan?

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 521 on T-Mobile's unlimited talk& text plan. Today I was playing around with some battery saving options and turned off my Wi-Fi. I was surprised to see that I was still getting alerts for new WPCentral stories and that I can also browse the forums and even post this with no Wi-Fi or cellular data access.

The weather apps and other tools are not getting any updates so I'm wondering how this awesome app is still working?

kurtms

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
On tmobiles monthly plans even if you don't buy data, you can still use it at a fee per Mb that can cost around $200 for just some simple web searches. If I were you I would go now to the nearest T-Mobile store and explain the situation. Also you can check the account balance using their wp8 app.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
On tmobiles monthly plans even if you don't buy data, you can still use it at a fee per Mb that can cost around $200 for just some simple web searches.

It's .20?/Mb unless he's not watching videos, its nearly possible to get bill for $200

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used to have data on my phone back in the voicestream days prior to tmobile. the whacko bean counters at work though terminated my data access and switched me to unlimited voice+text. I know that there's some data access used for MMS messages that are sent & received but other than that, I don't have traditional access to tmobile's data network for Internet access. So somehow the WPCentral app is using minor amounts of T-Mobile data when I have my Wi-Fi off?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786