So I get that Mobile Nations probably doesn't choose what ads go where on which website, and I'm not trying to criticize, I'm just trying to understand the logic in this. This is a Windows Phone website, yet I see ads for Chromebooks a lot, on Android Central, I see ads about Microsoft's enterprise cloud stuff, and I use to see Z10 ads on iMore before. Can someone explain the logic in that to me? Like, I would imagine for most people, they would go to the fan site that they're interested in. I just can't imagine someone looking up new information on iOS 8, then going "you know... I should buy a Surface Pro 3".

It would just make more sense to me to advertise to the people that generally go to the website and unless Windows Phone users are a large, untapped, ready to buy market for Chromebooks, I don't see the logic in spending money for the ad space.

Can someone explain the logic to me? Again, this isn't me going "why do I see Chromebook ads on this site???", but I'm just curious of the logic behind marketing to fan sites that aren't who you're trying to sell to. I'm pretty sure that Android Central would be much more interested in a great deal on Chromebooks than we here at WPCentral would.
    06-03-2014 01:57 PM
    I can't speak for advertisers, but it must be worth their marketing efforts and ad dollars to place such ads. In the past we've had Android-focused ads run on CrackBerry... and BlackBerry ads run all over Android Central.

Our communities are tech hubs, and our members are extremely savvy. Getting ads in front of users/supporters of other platforms is probably not a bad thing for many... Especially when you consider how easy it can be to switch platforms these days!
    06-04-2014 08:44 AM