help me choose the right lumia phone

clark02121992

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, i want to buy a lumia phone but im confused what to buy i got tons of questions to ask 1, what is pureview technology 2, i play some of games on the store will 512MB ram would be fine? 3, some of camera features are scattered in every lumia phone like for example the other lumia got a nokia story teller app the other doesent ? or i just can download the app too through the store 4, is the dolby headphone feature boost music that much for better audio experience? Hope you can help me!! cause i really want one :-C

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! we hope to see you around with a Lumia in hand soon!

1. Pureview is Nokia's brand for their high-end camera tech. Generally a Pureview-branded camera is superior to ones that are not. BUT, it only really applies to Nokia's lineup. Some other cameras from other manufacturers aren't necessarily worse. GSMArena has good standard comparisons I believe.

2. 512 MB of RAM is OK for general use, but for games, 1 GB is optimal. Typically, if you only go for light 2D games, you should be OK, but if you intend to do heavier things like Modern Combat 4, NOVA 3, and other fancy games, 1+ GB may be the way to go.
I'd go with 1 GB if you can. Although be sure to balance it with the rest of the phone.

3. In general, there are more camera bells-and-whistles as you go higher up the lineup. You can get Storyteller from the store, but I don't know if its available to all.

4. Personally, I don't care for Dolby, I've listened to it on, off, I don't care. In my experience, its not a big deal, but the other features of a phone that happens to have Dolby might be better.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I used a Lumia 521 for a while and I think it's the best entry-level smartphone available.

The only 2 limitations I ran into were the 512 MB of RAM and the lack of front-facing camera.

I'm in the process of obtaining a Lumia 822, which has a better processor, more RAM, front-facing camera, and other improvements over the 521.

I think that will be a better fit for me, although I'm pretty sure something like a 1520 would be nearly perfect for me.

If I were you, I'd try to get an entry to mid-level Lumia and just try it out for awhile.

It shouldn't be terribly expensive and would give you a good feel for Nokia and WP.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk

clark02121992

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
As i googled about pureview tech and what i understand was it they improve the ISO light thingy as of now i am thinking to buy the lumia 720 it has dolby tech which i would like to try camera with carl zeiss atleast and i think i cant go L820 UP and i think ur correct the higher the Lumia/Camera MP the more camera app you will get.

clark02121992

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Additional questions 1, if you install an app in SD card would the installed app would still eat some MB in the internal storage? 2, how many MB or GB will the OS eats up in the internal storage + other preloaded stuffs if they had

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Additional questions 1, if you install an app in SD card would the installed app would still eat some MB in the internal storage? 2, how many MB or GB will the OS eats up in the internal storage + other preloaded stuffs if they had

1. I don't think so, if it does it's minimal.

2. About 3GB, I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720