Post videos on Vimeo and DailyMotion?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
It's no secret that many people here hate all that is Google. Some claim that WPCentral should not post the videos on YouTube at all anymore.
I know that would please the Google haters, but WPCentral is a business. YouTube has the largest audience, and cutting yourself off from that, is just poor judgment.

How about this: When you're going to post a video, you post it to Vimeo and DailyMotion alongside YouTube? That way, no one has to go on YouTube if they don't want to, and those that don't mind it, can choose for themselves.

I hope you guys consider this!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a YouTube account, since I cancelled my Google account over 2 years ago. I have uploaded a video to Vimeo, though.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll send this suggestion along to the editorial team. YouTube is our go-to across ALL of our communities.

The problem with uploading to multiple services is simply the time and effort required to do so. If we were to do that, all of a sudden it takes 3x as long to finish up the same video.

Point taken though, and will pass along!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
We will consider, but as James expressed, that essentially triples our upload times. When your files are hundreds of megabytes in size, that can be difficult, especially during events where bandwidth is extremely limited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12