You can quote me on that...

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I love the discussions in the WPC Forums and only have one "small" request...

I don't need email notification when someone likes, thanks, or replies to something I've posted. I'm here often enough to check the notifications in the Forums heading. But would it be very difficult to add a notification there for quotes?

i.e., someone may not click the like or thank buttons, but may reply or, more likely, reply and quote me. The only way to find out is to view threads in which I've participated and scan through all the posts that follow my own...

Thank you, WPC team, for taking such good care of all 220,000 of us!

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

anon8649069

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
BTW, ty for the heads up about the feature request thread. I'll repost over there and hope it isn't lost amongst the phone app features...

Oh.. That thread is all about WPCentral app not the site.Sorry, I thought you were talking about the app.
I think you should talk to Daniel Rubino about this because he is the owner of this site.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Nerdy Woman - Ok, we have something to try out now... Go to: Settings > General Settings... and then scroll down until you see the section on Quote Notification.

quote.png
As you can see in the shot above, I've just turned mine on to 'Private Message', but you can set it to send an email if you'd prefer (or leave it off).

Care to give it a test and let me know?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
@Nerdy Woman - Ok, we have something to try out now... Go to: Settings > General Settings... and then scroll down until you see the section on Quote Notification.

View attachment 75473
As you can see in the shot above, I've just turned mine on to 'Private Message', but you can set it to send an email if you'd prefer (or leave it off).

I think this is a great feature too.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 75473

So, this sends me PMs every time I get quoted, correct?

Can you try implementing this the same way you do Likes and Thanks? I'd like to keep my Notifications and PMs separate.

Then again, my inbox is always empty...

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
So, this sends me PMs every time I get quoted, correct?

Can you try implementing this the same way you do Likes and Thanks? I'd like to keep my Notifications and PMs separate.

Then again, my inbox is always empty...

I was thinking I'd like to see it in the drop list at the top of my Forums page, but didn't want to ask for too much. I'm thrilled that WPC responded so quickly to my request. I don't remember ever having that happen for me before. :D

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
:( I do appreciate the quick action when this feature was requested, but today, I came across some recent quotes but I did not receive notifications. I checked my settings and quote notifications via email is selected...

Does this only work if I also select to receive notifications for any new posts in the thread?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It should work no matter what. Could be a blip with one of our servers... let me know if the problem persists and I can investigate :)

It's not working... Today, coreldan quoted me in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...ice-suite-not-free-anymore-like-rt-model.html but I didn't receive notification.

The only notifs I get from WPC are for replies to my posts in articles and the forum posts to which I've subscribed, but I do get those so I know WPC has the correct address and nothing from you guys goes in the junk folder.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Still working for me over here.

Try this... turn the option off and save... then turn it back on... see if that hard reset does anything... *fingers crossed*

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Strange. Still working for me over here.

Try this... turn the option off and save... then turn it back on... see if that hard reset does anything... *fingers crossed*

Thank you, James. I reset the toggle. Will have to wait and see if my 0s and 1s were mixed up. I should have thought of that possibility rather than assuming the code was buggy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12