We're tweaking the MOBILE version of the WPC Forums - report any issues here!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@All - our tech and design team is busy making style changes to the MOBILE version of the forums. We would appreciate it if you could report any issues right here.

Be sure to include the device you're using, OS version, and browser. If possible, include a screenshot of any issues you spot as well (this is always extremely helpful).

Thank you!

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm giving you the third degree on the neigboring thread, so let me give you some here too. This is what your 'site' looks like on my Lumia 520, 8.1 update 1, with Data Sense savings on high, and with cache and history cleared just beforehand.

wp_ss_20140805_0002.png
This must be another case of excellent optimization intended specifically for your target audience!
Please go to ArsTechnica, or Anandtech and see what a proper and optimized mobile site looks and feels like on mobile IE10-11-11update1, for reference, if you need some. Oh, and did I mention that these sites respond adequately to Data Sense? Go and see!

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
You're welcome. I hope you'll do something about it, this is embarassing. Yet, I'm baffled at how few complaints there are, apart from those pointing out that your ad partners are giving you a helping hand with ruining the experience.

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
You're welcome. I hope you'll do something about it, this is embarassing. Yet, I'm baffled at how few complaints there are, apart from those pointing out that your ad partners are giving you a helping hand with ruining the experience.

Maybe people are like me. I've mostly stopped using it. Too painful. Nokia 1520.

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
After a couple weeks away, I checked back in and found the "full site" link :) Either I missed it completely before after searching high and low, or someone heard my pleas. Thanks for letting me use the screen of my huge phone the way it was intended!

jibgilmon

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 928, 8.1.1. I never access the site from IE itself, but, since (apparently) nothing has been done to fix issues with Readability parsing, every time I check the news throughout the day (using Weave, but Weave is not the issue) I have to deal with the mobile site. First off, it takes an unbearably long time to load in comparison to the properly-parsed articles (and to be honest, the desktop website has gotten slow too). Second, the layout doesn't seem to load in the correct order; the article is visible after 2-3 seconds, but it moves around again about 2 seconds later once the page is fully loaded. Reading my news was frustrating enough without Readability support, but now it's even worse.

EDIT: This (http://www.windowscentral.com/congratulations-our-hidden-gems-winners-connected-devices) article decided to parse fine for me in Weave. Perhaps that can help you find the issue.

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 928, 8.1.1. I never access the site from IE itself, but, since (apparently) nothing has been done to fix issues with Readability parsing, every time I check the news throughout the day (using Weave, but Weave is not the issue) I have to deal with the mobile site. First off, it takes an unbearably long time to load in comparison to the properly-parsed articles (and to be honest, the desktop website has gotten slow too). Second, the layout doesn't seem to load in the correct order; the article is visible after 2-3 seconds, but it moves around again about 2 seconds later once the page is fully loaded. Reading my news was frustrating enough without Readability support, but now it's even worse.

EDIT: This (Congrats to our Hidden Gems winners who get some new drones, Spheros and Insteon Kits | Windows Phone Central) article decided to parse fine for me in Weave. Perhaps that can help you find the issue.

​Sent this along to our tech team. Thanks for the link, I'm sure it'll help!

steve ward1

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am using a Lumia 920 wp8.1 update 1. The wpcentral site is now unusable in the stock browser as all you get is the top banner and only occasionally are able to scroll down to content. Wmpoweruser works fine.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am using a Lumia 920 wp8.1 update 1. The wpcentral site is now unusable in the stock browser as all you get is the top banner and only occasionally are able to scroll down to content. Wmpoweruser works fine.

​Steve, would you be able to post some screenshots for us? Would like to see what's going on...

grantlandrice

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My Surface 2 shows the mobile version of the site rather than full. I think it started around the 27th.
It happened around the time a purchased it as well as the OneDrive syncing issues. Crazy amount of unsuccessful troubleshooting.

Is there a fix for the site rendering coming?

Thanks. I love WPCentral.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have same thing what teeeerex said, what Steve ward1 said (sometimes),and additionally this
http://s27.postimg.org/4c74ozkg3/Fantasia_Painting_12.jpg
What I circled, I don't exactly know what are they but never nothing opens when I click

I cannot login in mobile version of website. Says credentials don't match with account. But in full site I'm logged in

This is a known issue we're working on!

FunksMaName

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I do not want the mobile site on my surface 2 tablet. Used it for over 2 weeks now and it's just not for me, I'm sure your designers have good intentions, wanting the website to be responsive and all that, but honestly, i just want the desktop version, is there a way to force an override via query sting or something? The design is even worse today with wap like thumbnails for articles.

I used to visit wmpoweruser until the design of that site forced me away. We have the best site for windows phone users in wpcentral and let's keep it that way, UX is extremely important and when your designers/product owners make decisions like these, it just ruins it for everyone.

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@quantum tao - you might want to clear your browser cache, we've made a number of changes and enhancements to the mobile site over the last few weeks.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre