Cannot access WPCentral mobile site

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
As I said above, I haven't been able to visit m.wpcentral.com with my Windows Phone.
Whenever I try to get to m.wpcentral.com with Internet Explorer, it always redirects me to www.wpcentral.com. And since that site is designed for PCs, not for smartphones, it gives me frustrating experience, of course, like lagging, slow response, bad rendering...
I checked my browser preference and made sure that it is set to mobile sites, that didn't work - at all. I noticed that this issue started around the time when wpcentral.com last updated...
I'm using a Lumia 630 with GDR1. Any help? Or anyone with the same issue?

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Everyone has that issue. Both sites, m and non-m are presently so badly written and chock-full of mobile-unfriendly ads that it is better to get the news from this site by passing the RSS feed to, say, Nextgen Reader. At least that's what I do. If I have to browse the site, like now, I load up with a desktop Nightly with Adblock, and even it huffs and puffs when it loads this site.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. That means, I'm not the only one? I usually use the WPCentral app, but sometimes I need to get to the site to use some features the app doesn't offer, but I just can't access the mobile site. Guess I will have to use my PC :/

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. That means, I'm not the only one? I usually use the WPCentral app, but sometimes I need to get to the site to use some features the app doesn't offer, but I just can't access the mobile site. Guess I will have to use my PC :/

If you are using the forums, have you tried Tapatalk? That works well on mobile, and it allows one to upload pictures.

For the blogs, I use an RSS reader, like Nextgen, Weave, or NewsSpot.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Toan Le - we've made a number of enhancements recently, could you check again from your mobile browser and let me know?

Also FYI, we're going to be taking a closer look at IE11 in the near future. For some reason the browser does not play nice with some layout elements... and we want to fix that up for WPC members ASAP!

Thanks for your feedback, and patience.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
@Toan Le - we've made a number of enhancements recently, could you check again from your mobile browser and let me know?

Also FYI, we're going to be taking a closer look at IE11 in the near future. For some reason the browser does not play nice with some layout elements... and we want to fix that up for WPC members ASAP!

Thanks for your feedback, and patience.
Sorry for late reply. I've noticed that the mobile version has worked on my Windows Phone again since a few days ago. However, there are still some issues with the layout. Buttons on the header on the forums site still don't respond to touch. The buttons on the home page work well, though.

Last edited:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for late reply. I've noticed that the mobile version has worked on my Windows Phone again since a few days ago. However, there are still some issues with the layout. Buttons on the header on the forums site still don't respond to touch. The buttons on the home page work well, though.

Awesome. Glad we're getting somewhere :)

The header button issue is a known one as well, and the team is working on it. We're pushing out updates regularly, so I recommend you clear your cache daily to ensure you pull the latest files!

Otto Gunter

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the opposite problem... I'm trying to use the desktop WPC site on my Surface 2 via desktop IE, but it keeps redirecting me to "m.wpcentral". On these forums, there is an option at the bottom for "Full Site", so why not on the News pages?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett