Why does WP central post articles that have nothing to do with WP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Why does WP central post articles about Surface, Xbox and other Microsoft products when the site is clearly labeled WP central and not Microsoft central? It's almost like they're trying to sell me every Microsoft product? Anybody else thinks the amount of non WP articles is ridiculous ?

YeMan

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Well.... Its WINDOWS phone central. If you have a windows phone and you play Xbox, then you can connect them. If you want a tablet then you will most likely get a windows tablet. Lime a surface. Its all windows products, they all connect somehow, so no. They are relevant...

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Why does WP central post articles about Surface, Xbox and other Microsoft products when the site is clearly labeled WP central and not Microsoft central? It's almost like they're trying to sell me every Microsoft product? Anybody else thinks the amount of non WP articles is ridiculous ?
i think wpcentral is Microsoft owned,so they post everything!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the variety of articles is good, since it is useful to more people. For example, an iPhone user might also have an Xbox; or an Android user might have a Windows PC. The content about Xbox and Windows might draw those iOS/Android users to the site. Who knows? They might even stumble upon the Windows Phone content and decide to try out Windows Phone.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I like using Microsoft products and so I like to stay in the loop on all of them. My phone and computer use many of the same apps.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like using Microsoft products and so I like to stay in the loop on all of them. My phone and computer use many of the same apps.

Me too! I have quite a few Universal Apps. I always find out about app updates from the WPCentral blogs before I get the automatic updates, whether it is for Windows Phone apps or Windows 8.1 apps.

Godlike82

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
so does this site have an app?????? so far i have found all the information very helpful and would like to pin it to my pretty new phones screen. :grin:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I really like that they do that, as I'm invested to the MS ecosystem outside WP as well so I only really have to come here for all my MS news.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

not ridiculous, but annoying at times, sure. But from comments made in various articles, it seems a name change is in the works that should cover the fact they focus on Microsoft and not just WP. Personally, I'd rather them stick to Windows Phone, but I'm sure the other articles are bring in traffic.

I'm curious what the new site name will end up being.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I believe that the variety of articles is good, since it is useful to more people. For example, an iPhone user might also have an Xbox; or an Android user might have a Windows PC. The content about Xbox and Windows might draw those iOS/Android users to the site. Who knows? They might even stumble upon the Windows Phone content and decide to try out Windows Phone.

I totally agree with Laura. I see posts here all the time blasting MS for not advertising their products enough. WP Central is a great help in this area. I know I can come here with questions regarding most all of MS products and get the answer I need or a link to where it can be found. Keep up the good work WP Centra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills