08-18-2014 11:03 AM
46 12
tools
    Why does WP central post articles about Surface, Xbox and other Microsoft products when the site is clearly labeled WP central and not Microsoft central? It's almost like they're trying to sell me every Microsoft product? Anybody else thinks the amount of non WP articles is ridiculous ?
    08-15-2014 09:42 PM
    Nope!
    Guytronic and k72 like this.
    08-15-2014 09:48 PM
    Well just don't click on those articles then... i have no problems about MS news in WPC.
    rdubmu, k72 and eric12341 like this.
    08-15-2014 10:50 PM
    LMAO

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    aximtreo and k72 like this.
    08-15-2014 11:08 PM
    Well.... Its WINDOWS phone central. If you have a windows phone and you play Xbox, then you can connect them. If you want a tablet then you will most likely get a windows tablet. Lime a surface. Its all windows products, they all connect somehow, so no. They are relevant...
    aximtreo, Premium1 and k72 like this.
    08-15-2014 11:18 PM
    Why does WP central post articles about Surface, Xbox and other Microsoft products when the site is clearly labeled WP central and not Microsoft central? It's almost like they're trying to sell me every Microsoft product? Anybody else thinks the amount of non WP articles is ridiculous ?
    i think wpcentral is Microsoft owned,so they post everything!!
    08-15-2014 11:22 PM
    i think wpcentral is Microsoft owned,so they post everything!!
    No, WPCentral is not affiliated with Microsoft.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-16-2014 12:43 AM
    I believe that the variety of articles is good, since it is useful to more people. For example, an iPhone user might also have an Xbox; or an Android user might have a Windows PC. The content about Xbox and Windows might draw those iOS/Android users to the site. Who knows? They might even stumble upon the Windows Phone content and decide to try out Windows Phone.
    rain620, a5cent and rdubmu like this.
    08-16-2014 12:46 AM
    I like using Microsoft products and so I like to stay in the loop on all of them. My phone and computer use many of the same apps.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-16-2014 12:47 AM
    I like using Microsoft products and so I like to stay in the loop on all of them. My phone and computer use many of the same apps.
    Me too! I have quite a few Universal Apps. I always find out about app updates from the WPCentral blogs before I get the automatic updates, whether it is for Windows Phone apps or Windows 8.1 apps.
    k72 likes this.
    08-16-2014 12:52 AM
    so does this site have an app?????? so far i have found all the information very helpful and would like to pin it to my pretty new phones screen.
    08-16-2014 05:24 AM
    so does this site have an app?????? so far i have found all the information very helpful and would like to pin it to my pretty new phones screen.
    The store has a search function you know.
    Godlike82 likes this.
    08-16-2014 05:36 AM
    No i didn't know actually... Only been a member for half hour...... But thanks for letting me know.
    k72 likes this.
    08-16-2014 05:39 AM
    Just open the store and search for WPCentral. It will help you in the enjoyment of your shiny new phone. And welcome to the WP world :)
    Godlike82 likes this.
    08-16-2014 06:19 AM
    Excellent. Got it done it bought it pinned it.... Thanks for all your help. 😃
    08-16-2014 06:37 AM
    I really like that they do that, as I'm invested to the MS ecosystem outside WP as well so I only really have to come here for all my MS news.
    08-16-2014 06:47 AM
    Well just don't click on those articles then... i have no problems about MS news in WPC.
    MS news are fine. However, this site's name suggests that this site covers Windows PHONE related articles and not everything related to Microsoft.
    08-16-2014 07:01 AM
    not ridiculous, but annoying at times, sure. But from comments made in various articles, it seems a name change is in the works that should cover the fact they focus on Microsoft and not just WP. Personally, I'd rather them stick to Windows Phone, but I'm sure the other articles are bring in traffic.

I'm curious what the new site name will end up being.
    08-16-2014 07:17 AM
    How about OneNews?
    rdubmu likes this.
    08-16-2014 07:35 AM
    I believe that the variety of articles is good, since it is useful to more people. For example, an iPhone user might also have an Xbox; or an Android user might have a Windows PC. The content about Xbox and Windows might draw those iOS/Android users to the site. Who knows? They might even stumble upon the Windows Phone content and decide to try out Windows Phone.
    I totally agree with Laura. I see posts here all the time blasting MS for not advertising their products enough. WP Central is a great help in this area. I know I can come here with questions regarding most all of MS products and get the answer I need or a link to where it can be found. Keep up the good work WP Centra.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-16-2014 07:54 AM
    You guys say that they do it because people are likely to have Microsoft products but based off market share and sales figures, people are more likely to have an Apple, Sony or Android device to go with their WP but you never see any info on that. They only do articles about Microsoft products. I just don't understand the complete lack of WP related stuff in a place that's the central for WP lol.
    08-16-2014 09:50 AM
    I dont mind it one bit. I own an Xbox, surface pro 3 and an iphone...
    arguing a name change is just semantics because this blog even when it was called windows mobile central covered all MS products.

It is pretty clear this site does a majority of windows phone news, iMore covers all apple products, android central covers everything Google... I wouldn't change a thing, if you don't like the headline then don't click on it... if you still don't like it create your own windows phone only blog

08-16-2014 10:01 AM
    I dont mind it one bit. I own an Xbox, surface pro 3 and an iphone...
    arguing a name change is just semantics because this blog even when it was called windows mobile central covered all MS products.

It is pretty clear this site does a majority of windows phone news, iMore covers all apple products, android central covers everything Google... I wouldn't change a thing, if you don't like the headline then don't click on it... if you still don't like it create your own windows phone only blog

Thanks for the completely biased subjective response.
    08-16-2014 10:05 AM
    Last 10articles
    Not including the ice bucket challenge

8 are windows phone news/articles
    2 are Microsoft general news

Not sure what the big issue is

Premium1 and Guytronic like this.
    08-16-2014 10:05 AM
    Thanks for the completely biased subjective response.

8/10 articles are windows phone based... what are you arguing again?

Premium1 and k72 like this.
    08-16-2014 10:08 AM
46 12