Why cant I post to a thread I set up

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday from about 12 noon (UK time) I tried to respond to a thread that I started earlier this week but with the exception of 2 unrelated ones that I did as a test I don't seem to be able to post to this thread, I had tried reducing the size of my posting to see if I had exceeded any of the limits (if any) but not even a 2 liner would get through. I mostly prepare my answer/questions in MS word, then cut and paste then into the forum. I have done this before with no problems! is this likely to be the cause of the problem with this forum site?
When I click on Submit, some times I get an Explorer box saying something like "do you really want to leave this page?" other times I get a new untitled page just with some text this is a view of one of them. wp_central_ error.JPG
I will await your advice before trying again. I gave up yesterday after trying over a period of about of nine hours.

Perhaps you wont get this !!

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
This the sort of message I get when posting, just tried again:-
error message selecting-Submit.jpg

I think it must be a fault with the forum page and nothing I am doing. I have tried posting from three different computers all giving me the same problem.

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi James, Thanks for replying to my query, my thread is "All I need is Calendar on my PC & Nokia Lumia 635" and I thought I was getting some good suggestions, but I had to give up in the end as I could not post any further questions or report back as the webpage just locked up.
I tried another desktop PC and a PC laptop, all reacted the same. I could not scroll down the page and each time I managed to get my message done clicking on submit, it just froze again. I did try Firefox over the weekend, his would not allow me to post my complete message either.
I could not fee up any of the computers unless I did a full re-boot.
I am now wondering if your forum site is not suitable for :- Windows Explorer 11, V 11.0.9600.17239, update version 11.0.11 (KB2976627).
I am using Firefox to send you this and so far I am managing to enter some text, I will have to see if you get this. When I click on send. I will try that now.
John

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Very strange. First I've heard of this one. I'm going to shoot this thread over to our tech team to take a look.

In the meantime, do let me know if you have success posting in any other forums... if we can narrow down the issue here, it'd help tremendously!

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
James, Just to keep you up-to-date, I have just added a reply to my posting. first attempt was with my default browser IE, I selected login that I think was accepted, then my computer froze.
I selected Windows "Start > Logoff" to enable me to have another attempt using Firefox, this worked first time and I was able to post my reply.
I still think it's a Windows 11 issue, I don't know if I should un-tick the box that allows IE to update without asking or not. Perhaps a future update will solve this issue.
I have had this problems in the past with earlier updates. It seems that MS are using us to test products that I think are not really for release.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac