Ironic that WPCentral performs poorly on Windows Phones

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Would you mind sharing with us exactly what Windows Phone and OS are you using? I'm accessing the site on 2 of my Windows Phones and I see no problem at all. Maybe the problem is with your data connection or wifi?

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Lumia icon.. WP 8.1. No issues with my connections... The site just has a lot of issues. Slow scrolling, slow text entry, phantom clicks (probably due to slow scrolling), etc.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
The app forums aren't working for me at all at the moment. I just get error messages regarding Tapatalk ( I don't use tapatalk). Can't open threads on a conversation or post. I've got a 1020 with cyan/8.1.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The app forums aren't working for me at all at the moment. I just get error messages regarding Tapatalk ( I don't use tapatalk). Can't open threads on a conversation or post. I've got a 1020 with cyan/8.1.

We're aware. Unfortunately our developer is away on vacation at the moment. Once he returns we will get things fixed up. We appreciate the patience, I know it's not an ideal situation! :/

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Lumia icon.. WP 8.1. No issues with my connections... The site just has a lot of issues. Slow scrolling, slow text entry, phantom clicks (probably due to slow scrolling), etc.

All stuff we're working on. Can be frustrating for sure, but I know our tech team will be able to make their way through it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Why don't you try Tapatalk, I find it much better than the WPcentral app for the forums.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Surprised too on how buggy the app is.
I regularly get an error stating "an unhandled exception occurred"
I hope this is addressed soon.

hanyradu.png

sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@greedo_greedy - our app dev is unfortunately away for a little bit... we have a few issues lined up for him to fix once he returns. Thanks for your patience!

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
@greedo_greedy - our app dev is unfortunately away for a little bit... we have a few issues lined up for him to fix once he returns. Thanks for your patience!

You might as well put out an article or announcement on the website regarding the issues going on with the app. Otherwise people wont stop making new threads about it.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
You might as well put out an article or announcement on the website regarding the issues going on with the app. Otherwise people wont stop making new threads about it.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

Agree on that..... How hard is it for them to mention an article.... Common sense should kick in to do this... But nope

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If you have an android device just use the "free" WP Central app for it, I don't even bother with the freaking "paid" Windows Phone app from WP Central anymore, even before the Tapatalk errors it looked better and worked better in my android phone than on my Windows phone.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The mobile site is ugly with too many ads. I am not going to visit the main page anymore via my iPhone, I'll just use my computer when I am on it.

I agree with you 100%. The mobile site is terrible. The ads are huge and all over the place, makes it very hard to read and scroll because you can't scroll when touching an ad. I mean seriously, between the ad and the top bar, it takes up half the screen on my Icon.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@All - I'd suggest you clear your browser cache and try re-loading the mobile site. We've made a number of enhancements recently... clearing your cache will ensure you have the latest files on your local device for a better experience.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi James, by deleting the browser cache, it fixed my issues, I deleted my post above as it isn't an issue anymore. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss