Does WPcentral RSS support exclude tags?

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
I love WPCentral, more specifically the windows phone news... and I use SoundGecko to read articles from the site to me while I'm at work.

But one thing I've been progressively getting annoyed with over time is how this has turned from a windows phone site, to an "everything Microsoft" site. Some people love it, others don't.

For those that don't, is there an exclude tag feed so I can exclude Xbox news? Or maybe subscribe to phones and MSFT news only? A good portion of WPCentral articles have turned into Xbox 360/xbox one articles, and well... it's eating into my data.

Please help

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
We could setup a separate feed, however I'm sure there are some third party filtering tools you could use on your end? Tools that will filter out items based on keywords you do NOT want to see in the feed?

Let me know. If not, let me know what types of articles you definitely do NOT want to see, and we will help you out!

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
It would be nice to exclude Xbox 360/Xbox One. If there were exclude tags I would exclude that, India, UK.... but for now Xbox consoles are the thing that would help the most.

I did a quick count yesterday, and there were 11 WP related items, 7 Xbox related items and 11 windows/Microsoft related items.

I use SoundGecko a lot (streams all of my RSS feeds) and if I could cut down by WPCentral streaming by 25% that would be great for my data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs