Invalid thread

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if this has been addressed in the past. A quick search did not yield anything obvious. Numerous times when I click on a link on the main WPCentral page under Latest Discussions, I get "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

This happens to me all the time, sometimes more than once a day. I assume it may because the post in question hasn't been approved yet for new users. So if that is that case, why does it show up under Latest Discussions then? It's quite annoying.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has been addressed in the past. A quick search did not yield anything obvious. Numerous times when I click on a link on the main WPCentral page under Latest Discussions, I get "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator."

This happens to me all the time, sometimes more than once a day. I assume it may because the post in question hasn't been approved yet for new users. So if that is that case, why does it show up under Latest Discussions then? It's quite annoying.

Please let us know specifically which thread the next time that happens.

I typically never use those links (in fact I just tried a few now which is the first time I've ever tried those). However, I'm usually in the forums, not the blog pages. I typically read the blogs using apps such as Nextgen Reader.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Please let us know specifically which thread the next time that happens.

I typically never use those links (in fact I just tried a few now which is the first time I've ever tried those). However, I'm usually in the forums, not the blog pages. I typically read the blogs using apps such as Nextgen Reader.

Here would be an example: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...nt-facing-camera-lumia-830-a.html#post2823600

Of course it might be approved by the time you read this so the link could potentially work by then or you might change the subject which might also alter the link. I tend to read the news on the actual WPCentral web site and it shows the latest discussions there. Often times I click on an unanswered thread and get the 'invalid link' message.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Are you on mobile or desktop? Also, which browser are you using?

Desktop. Internet Explorer 11 at the moment but it happens with any browser. Notice how the link works now (the subject was changed). I'm fairly certain this is caused by messages that are awaiting moderation (usually because the forum user is relatively new) but they still show up in the is 'Latest Discussions' area on the main home page in the meantime.

a suser

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
since the last 2 weeks i am not able to post any questions in the forums.. i get this irritating message..i tried posting with IE11, Chrome, what is the fix for this ?
i want to change my username as Nokia_925_user

the question i tried to post was

why there is not option or app for recording calls in windows phones ??

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes