New Website Name: Windows Central

CrackBerry Kevin

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Good eye! We hope you LOVE it!

Just going through the changeover process.... Dan will be *officially* announced soon. Don't forget to scope out @windowscentral on twitter and instagram, too!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah, this explains why I was mysteriously logged out. Yes, yes, I like.

Hmm... Windows Central, Android Central, and CrackBerry. ♪♪One of these things is not like the other...♪♪ :D

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Good eye! We hope you LOVE it!

Just going through the changeover process.... Dan will be *officially* announced soon. Don't forget to scope out @windowscentral on twitter and instagram, too!

I like the name "Windows Central". I'm hoping for expanded coverage for all things "windows". These are exciting times for everyone.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I like the name though since we already have a android central in the family....windows central now feels slightly less unique with crackberry and imore. But I like the name.

I hope to have a great filter so I can filter out stuff and only focus on windows and Lumia related news as I don't care about anything else besides Lumia phones

Nukey Pearce

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
You are probably already on it, but...

- You need to change the branding on the Mobile Nations Passport site, as everything there still shows as WPCentral, including going onto "forum settings" when logged in.
- Also, when clicking the log in / register link, it still shows WPCentral.
- When you are on a sister site (for example, for those who need to go onto iMore / Androidcentral), when clicking the dropdown to select the sister sites, the old WPCentral logo is there still.
- URL of the store website needs to be changed. (store.wpcentral.com). Also, any references to WPCentral in the store needs to be changed, this could include payment gateways, invoices, etc.
- As you use a generic Mobile Nations footer, you need to reword the "wpcentral" branding there.
- And, most importantly, you need to update your terms and conditions/privacy policies with the new name. If there are any legal disputes and you still have the old name listed, you could be open to a lot of trouble.

There's probably more I haven't covered, but I'm sure you are all probably working on it already. When I read in the blog post that "everything was magically changed over", I assumed that you assumed it were all complete :)

Good job though, you've made a great change!

-Nukey

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Tapatalk user here...

I made the changeover after I saw the announcement. WPCentral with tapatalk no longer works, but you have to delete it to add Windows Central and have it hold in your forum listings.

Just a heads up for tapatalk users.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Tapatalk user here...

I made the changeover after I saw the announcement. WPCentral with tapatalk no longer works, but you have to delete it to add Windows Central and have it hold in your forum listings.

Just a heads up for tapatalk users.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

​If you uninstall/reinstall, the app should work!

jamearl

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I like the new name which happened a while ago. I even liked the layout and flow. However, more recently, the site layout and flow has taken a very bad turn heading to horrible. It's no longer easy to view on desktop or mobile.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I like the new name which happened a while ago. I even liked the layout and flow. However, more recently, the site layout and flow has taken a very bad turn heading to horrible. It's no longer easy to view on desktop or mobile.

When you say not easy to view... how so? Can you post a screenshot or two so we can see what you're talking about?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro