How to get thread about my app news in Win Phone Apps forum?

Ilya Krupko

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello!
I am developer of Monetal. My main thread about Monetal is placed in Developer Spotlight, and it's right. Yesterday I started new thread in windows phone apps forum Windows Phone Apps - Windows Central Forums
where presented free activation code news for Monetal. As I understand this thread is about application news and problems. Today morning I was surprised founding my thread was moved in developer spotlight also. I believe most of users don't check this thread, specially who not develop any apps. But I want to bring news about Monetal to them also. Could you please move this thread back, or may be I have to replace caption or do something also. Or the problem is that I am a developer?
If there is any opportunity to get this thread back to wp apps, I ask you to do this. Thank you.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello Ilya

It's our policy that developers introduce and discuss their apps in the "App Spotlight" forum. The "Windows Phone Apps" forum is for members to discuss apps amongst themselves, or discuss app related issues. You shouldn't worry though. The App Spotlight forum is very well visited and you shouldn't have a problem promoting your app there.

This policy is necessary, to ensure the same app isn't promoted in multiple forums all over the site. I hope you understand.

Thank you for supporting WP!

Last edited:

Ilya Krupko

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, but I found it a really strange. Of course you do a great job supporting such a popular forum, but in my opinion with such rules you can cut an ability of direct communication. On the other hand I undertand your position also.

I think it should be useful to stick a note to Windows Phone Apps forum that there is an opportunity to get in touch with devs in Spotlight forum for many apps. I suppose a lot of people don't know that.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes