Is Daniel Rubino an embarrassment to Windows Central?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Please read Daniel Rubino's tweet and the excellent response from wmpowerusers.com.

To Daniel Rubino, Editor in chief, Windows Central

I agree with them. It's not unusual to see Rubino's aggressive behavior in the comment section of Windows Central's articles. Mobile Nations shouldn't give the opportunity to reach so many people to a person with this kind of behavior.

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
#DanielRubinoExposed LOL. On a more serious note though, if WMPU want to be up there with the best of them in terms of Windows news (with the likes of WC), then they're going to have to deal with criticism better than this.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
No.

I read WMPU as well as Windows Central and have been aware of a certain rivalry between the two sites. That this is becoming rancorous is a great shame, but on the whole Windows Central is better balanced and more reliable, and not a small part of this is down to Mr Rubino's efforts.

While I agree Mr Rubino's tweet is strong, so is suggesting he has a personality disorder. I would suggest both sites try to maintain a positive attitude to their subject matter and not try to pull their readers into a fight nobody wants.

​Windows 10 is coming. We have better things to do.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
WMPU logic:

1)Complain about being insulted

2) insult Daniel's personality

Lol no, Daniel isn't an embarrassment, WMPU is an embarrassment.

"we always cite our sources"

BS

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol. That was a tad harsh, I wonder what caused that response from Daniel.

I wouldn't recognize Windows Central without Daniel. I actually love his humor. Sometimes people just need a smarta$$ comment. I mean, just read some of the blog comments. It makes you wonder how humans still exist, at times. In general, WC users aren't as bad as other places though. ;)

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
WMPU logic:

1)Complain about being insulted

2) insult Daniel's personality

Lol no, Daniel isn't an embarrassment, WMPU is an embarrassment.

"we always cite our sources"

BS
That was not Daniel's first nor was it his tenth comment.
An olive branch was offered on Friday which he seemingly took.
I would say that the frustration had built up in there and simmered for a long time (new WMPU member)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Daniel can be a bit much at times. Not to me necessarily as I do find him amusing but even he comes across as arrogant and condescending on more than one occasion. Sarcasm and personality is good but the condescension he shows towards his readers sometimes is like huh.

I don't see anything wrong with wmpu. On the whole this is more of a corporate site. It is professional and has an amazing team of writers who bring us amazing news.

Wmpu is the site that isn't necessarily professional but is enthusiast focus. Yes they post basically every rumor but I love hearing these rumors and speculating. When we have a lull in updates sometimes it is good and sometimes wc gets boring constantly reporting on this app or that app or you know the random accessory of the day.

I love the fact wmpu is more Lumia focused and biased as well as I prefer hearing about Lumia vs irrelevant windows phones aka everyone else.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Both sites could use some major improvements but I gotta side with the underdog here. Daniel and wc are the bigger site and look tacky as hell when a site of this stature and size feels the need to tear down someone else, especially a small site.

He even talked about banning their URL which is a bit extreme and it does make me question Daniels thought process. He doesn't have a personality disorder. He has an ego, but don't we all.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL let us take a moment here...

To the OP: that is not a Tweet. Nowhere in the WMPowerUsers blog article does it say it pulled the comment from Twitter. Where is your information coming from citing Twitter as the source?

I know where the comment originally came from as I read it earlier today, before this thread was started. It came from Windows Central. (No I am not going to link to it. Please do your own fact checking.) It was in response to something equally made up as saying this whole episode is on view at Twitter and the person misquoting and fabricating cited WMPU as the source... But I can state that what I just read at WMPU is not what that users stated WMPU said.

Misperception all around, including the premise of this thread that Daniel Rubino is trash talking in public.

I find misinformation clouding this whole issue. It is interfraternal ballyhoo that amounts to a closed door comment being regarded as public scandalization.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

To the OP: that is not a Tweet. Nowhere in the WMPowerUsers blog article does it say it pulled the comment from Twitter. Where is your information coming from citing Twitter as the source?

I know where the comment originally came from as I read it earlier today, before this thread was started. It came from Windows Central. (No I am not going to link to it. Please do your own fact checking.) It was in response to something equally made up as saying this whole episode is on view at Twitter and the person misquoting and fabricating cited WMPU as the source... But I can state that what I just read at WMPU is not what that users stated WMPU said.

Misperception all around, including the premise of this thread that Daniel Rubino is trash talking in public.

I find misinformation clouding this whole issue. It is interfraternal ballyhoo that amounts to a closed door comment being regarded as public scandalization.

Nope. There are many comments to be found on twitter

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

You obviously didn't read the article. While this may not have come from tweet the article states this is not the first time he said something and apparently twitter has been used which is public. I can understand wanting to defend Daniel but it isn't like wmpu was actually lying.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did read the article. It never says the comment is from Twitter... I'm only addressing the specific comment cited in the article.

I saw that comment in its original state and it was not at Twitter. Now the OP is trying to claim the comment was on Twitter and it was not.

Please provide a link to that exact comment on Twitter... I'll gladly retract my statement saying it was not.

Factuality. That's all I'm after. Look at the avatar next to the comment on the WMPU article... Looks just like his Windows Central avatar, yes?

Now look at his Twitter avatar: https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino Looks nothing like the avatar shown next to the quoted comment on WMPU, right?

I'm not defending any comment or any person...

I am saying that a post claiming the comment was on Twitter is false. Why compound the issue with EVEN MORE misperception??? The OP's post would indicate that the comment reached a wider audience than it in fact did... Only readers of Windows Central (and just some - not all) would have seen it. Now WMPU is blogging it. Another contained audience. Is Twitter not a separate thing?

Pardon my attempt to inject reality and facts into this thread. My mistake.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I did read the article. It never says the comment is from Twitter... I'm only addressing the specific comment cited in the article.

I saw that comment in its original state and it was not at Twitter. Now the OP is trying to claim the comment was on Twitter and it was not.

Please provide a link to that exact comment on Twitter... I'll gladly retract my statement saying it was not.

Factuality. That's all I'm after. Look at the avatar next to the comment on the WMPU article... Looks just like his Windows Central avatar, yes?

Now look at his Twitter avatar: https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino Looks nothing like the avatar shown next to the quoted comment on WMPU, right?

I am saying that a post claiming the comment was on Twitter is false. Why compound the issue with EVEN MORE misperception??? The OP's post would indicate that the comment reached a wider audience than it in fact did... Only readers of Windows Central (and just some - not all) would have seen it. Now WMPU is blogging it. Another contained audience. Is Twitter not a separate thing?

You're right, That wasn't twitter, my mistake. He posted something similar on twitter a few days ago.

"Looking to ban posting WMPU links in our forums. Can't take their crap 'reporting' anymore. Frustrating to have to always correct them."
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/538361337894944768

And talking about twitter, just do a search, he bashes WMPU regularly, just a few:

"WMPU can lift all the stories they want, doesn't bother me anymore when they're that far behind in traffic."
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/491722639379922945

"@aharpaz trolling for laughs? See who'd bite lol, where's wmpu"
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/427223837181489152

@kurtsh eck, would rather not ever click on a WMPU link :p
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/369201131383033856

"@iLLeStEyECoN yeah, they're getting even worse at that. Luckily their traffic is poor."
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/538363286543413248

"Looks like someone's site redesign didn't pan out. Yikes. pic.twitter.com/opuuFg6KOs"
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/517812394886578177

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So we're moving on for the bigger problem of possible arrogance and disrespect and a bit childish behaviors to focusing on something as trivial as "Where Daniel Posted it?"

Whether Daniel said it on WC, Twitter, Tumblr, Tinder, scruff or wherever, the fact is the comments were made. One can argue that the audience is far greater HERE than on Daniel's twitter. So the comment was made here on WC and not twitter...what does that have to do with the overall topic at hand?

Windows Central is a public forum is it not? So if he made the comments on WC forums does that not mean that Daniel was trash talking in public? It wasn't a text or Skype message between friends.

Good on you for trying to clarify the location of where it was said, but I am sure nobody cares about the location....if anything saying it on WC is a bit questionable as this is more or less his work place. At least if it was on twitter and a tweet, I can say well it is Daniel's personal twitter to do and say as he wishes nor should he be judged as a rep of WC.

But let's focus on the aspect that actually matters.

1. The Comments
2. The bullying...it is kind of bullying, when you think of the size and clout of WC vs WMPU
3. The attitude/perception of Daniel.

As I said before, I do not think Daniel has a personality disorder. I think Daniel is just blunt and straight to the point with an ego.....and I respect Daniel for that simply because he doesn't come across as fake. However, sometimes he gets to be too much and this thread alone proves that. I wasn't even aware of a rivalry between WC vs WMpu/Nokia Power user or anyone....but I don't think Daniel should go around bashing WMPU either.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're right, That wasn't twitter, my mistake...

Thank you. I appreciate your correcting the record. That was all I was driving at. I am glad you checked back into the thread.

...And talking about twitter, just do a search, he bashes WMPU regularly...

No thanks. I don't use Twitter. Never have. Never will. It hurt me just to go and look up his avatar there and link it here. I feel dirty, like I need a shower.

And that ends my part in the discussion. I just wanted to get that one part straight. Carry on peoples.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh god, I didn't even think it was THAT bad.

Let's play Devil's Advocate. Let's say that WMPU does steal content from WC. Okay....that is douchey. But there is a lot of content that they do have that is original to their site(Whether it is verified or not).

furthermore mocking them and their traffic and site, really just makes him look kind of like a jerk. Quite disappointing and yet again it looks pathetic for DANIEL to be literally targeting a site he deems irrelevant and low quality. If someone is irrelevant and low quality, I don't acknowledge them nor do I give them traffic or any mention.

Let them be the bottom feeders they are. It's almost as if he enjoys ripping them apart. And of course the cheerleaders on twitter are sitting their encouraging this tasteless behavior. SMH. Only in the windows phone community do you see such pathetic behaviors.
You're right, That wasn't twitter, my mistake. He posted something similar on twitter a few days ago.

"Looking to ban posting WMPU links in our forums. Can't take their crap 'reporting' anymore. Frustrating to have to always correct them."
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/538361337894944768

And talking about twitter, just do a search, he bashes WMPU regularly, just a few:

"WMPU can lift all the stories they want, doesn't bother me anymore when they're that far behind in traffic."
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/491722639379922945

"@aharpaz trolling for laughs? See who'd bite lol, where's wmpu"
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/427223837181489152

@kurtsh eck, would rather not ever click on a WMPU link :p
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/369201131383033856

"@iLLeStEyECoN yeah, they're getting even worse at that. Luckily their traffic is poor."
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/538363286543413248

"Looks like someone's site redesign didn't pan out. Yikes. pic.twitter.com/opuuFg6KOs"
https://twitter.com/Daniel_Rubino/status/517812394886578177

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I consider both sites reliable. Even though wmp could use some proof reading and some articles get debunked time and time again, still no bad blood here. They shouldn't be rivals though, with the predicament WP is in right now, it can use all the press it can get without all the useless back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb