My laundry list of issues with the WP App

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
All,

This used to be my most used app on the phone. It's at the point now where I have to come up with excuses to even think about launching this app.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall this app many times. Both on the Phone Storage or SD Card Storage. I get the same results repeatedly.

Device: AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 - 32GB variant
OS Version: 8.10.14219.341
App Version: 4.6.1.1023

Issues:

• Upon app launch, the app freezes (does not respond to touch gestures) for ~15 seconds, then the article list goes blank for ~10 seconds before the latest articles appear, then will not respond to touches for another ~15-20 seconds.
  • When tapping and article, the application stops responding to touch input and waits ~15-20 seconds before the article selected starts to load
  • When in the article, it can take up to 10 seconds before touch is recognized and scroll will respond
  • When navigating away from the article list and selecting a button (eg. Forums), the app stops responding and will open the article that is in the same position as the forum button. You then have to press back and then select the button again
  • When scrolling through forums, it can take ~5-10 seconds for the app to recognize a touch to load a post.

I will be more than happy to provide any additional information as needed.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
For me, it's always taken a few seconds to load up the newest articles on the main page, but other than that, I haven't had any issues like the ones you describe. Now the website has become a lot slower since they changed the format, but the app has always been buttery smooth for me on my 1520 (AT&T variant).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo