Need your attention!

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that the network error bug wasn't only mine, a lot of users are posting the same...now I cant log in....always shows a network error while connecting to windows central forums
Bug reports log files are collected by the app , dont know wether the windows central app developer team is reading this...
This is my second post...with no solution to the effect....!
I would request the moderators of this forum to kindly look into the matter and provide us a solution.
Thank you

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry you and other members are experiencing bugs with the app. I've reached out to our staff to try to get it fixed.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Kaushik - could you explain in detail the errors you are experiencing, and the steps you take to generate the error(s)? We need to be able to show our devs how to reproduce the error before we can fix.

Thanks in advance!

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
@Kaushik - could you explain in detail the errors you are experiencing, and the steps you take to generate the error(s)? We need to be able to show our devs how to reproduce the error before we can fix.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for reaching out to us, Bug reports were mailed to windows central app email as automatically bug reports are collected by the app itself if it faces an error
I am using the paid version of the Windows Central app, and also the current n updated version.
My phone details : Lumia 625 Indian CV running the Denim update and on developers preview for phone!which

Here is a screenshot which shows the network error and forces the app to close after which when there app is opened it collects the bug report

8d05d20e227cc0a2b682a3f11b9f71e0.png

This is all I have to show, should you people need anymore info..please contact me through this post .

Thanks a lot 😉

Last edited:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
A detailed info for the bug report that was mailed by me!
User Comments:
<Add any extra detail you'd like to here, or you can hit send now, the technical information below will help>

=Parameter Dictionary=
version : 4.6.1.1023
trial : False
deviceInfo : NOKIA RM-941_im_india_204

=Auto Generated Technical Detail=

16/03/2015 06:12:44 PM - CRITICAL
Message: String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: s
StackTrace:
at System.Text.Encoding.GetBytes(String s)
at WPCentral.Forums.Page.AccountPage.getRecent()
at WPCentral.Forums.Page.AccountPage.AccountPage_loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)
--------------------------

Bug reporting provided by the WPClogger

Sent from Microsoft Lumia 625

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Another bug ;

Different languages in participated and recent subforum: Here is a screenshot.
7c02e9c6f3403606efef91e45cfd76e3.png

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150317_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150317_0001.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20150317_0004.png
    wp_ss_20150317_0004.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 0

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yea..maybe spam posts but it shoudnt appear like this all of a sudden...in the recent screen there should definately be a way to not let those appear in the screen!

Unfortunately, that's the same as if you were viewing the forums in a browser (either mobile or desktop). You'll still see new spam in new posts if it hasn't yet been cleansed.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, that's the same as if you were viewing the forums in a browser (either mobile or desktop). You'll still see new spam in new posts if it hasn't yet been cleansed.
Ok I get it...now! Actually never seen it so didn't have any idea about it...
Btw in the previous posts in this particular thread our Community Manager requested me to post the screenshots of the bug and error, I have posted it...will be using tapatalk to access the forum until it gets fixed! By the way i like the windows Central forums more than tapatalk as it loads up quite faster and has a friendly UI than tapatalk... I only use tapatalk in case of attachments and a backup when the windows central app crashes!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok I get it...now! Actually never seen it so didn't have any idea about it...
Btw in the previous posts in this particular thread our Community Manager requested me to post the screenshots of the bug and error, I have posted it...will be using tapatalk to access the forum until it gets fixed! By the way i like the windows Central forums more than tapatalk as it loads up quite faster and has a friendly UI than tapatalk... I only use tapatalk in case of attachments and a backup when the windows central app crashes!
Tapatalk has a feature that allows one to report spam, but the official WindowsCentral app does not. If you see spam when you're using Tapatalk, please report it, so the Mods may cleanse it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos