Network errors on loading when connecting via Wi-Fi

PalZer0

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Over the last couple of days, I've been seeing "Network error" popups when attempting to load the app when my phone (Lumia 1020) is connected to my home Wi-Fi.

When my phone is connected to my mobile network, the app behaves normally. I can also load the mobile site when connected to Wi-Fi.

I can't share a screenshot at the moment but the error is "Could not connect to Windows Central. An exception occurred during a WebClient request.".

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I would try resetting your router and see if that helps. Sounds like your Wi Fi isn't performing correctly for some reason and sometimes a reset will help.

I would also reset your device and see if that helps as well.

Let us know if this doesn't work for you.

PalZer0

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I did try rebooting my phone but that didn't resolve anything. Also, it's only the Windows Central app that's misbehaving when connected to Wi-Fi as every other app - even Tapatalk (which I'm using to post this) - works fine when connected to Wi-Fi.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems as you, I got back into the app than open in browser and signed out, them closed the app, open back up than open browser and signed back in this worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa