Possible to pay for an ad free website?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I really like this website and its been my go to for all things windows for a while now. However, these ads everywhere are starting to make it rough to browse the good info on here. I realize that servers and other associated expenses are not free and ads help pay the bills. As an alternative, I know I would be open to subscribing for a reasonable monthly fee to keep the site as free from ads as possible.

Is something like this possible? Is there any plans to do such a thing?

If anyone else is interested please leave some comments. Thanks!

Marcus Adolfsson

CEO, Mobile Nations
Aug 18, 1999
Visit site
It is something we are considering, a "Mobile Nations Premium Account" that enables an ad-free experience for all sites and apps, as well as some benefits (permanent discount in the accessory stores etc).

We are not sure how many people would buy it though, and at what price point? Thoughts?

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Anything up to say $1.99 a month would be instant purchase for me but I get the feeling that would be too low. Maybe $5.00 a month if the other discounts were good enough.

I would REALLY like just an ad free experience account as I don't buy much accessories for my stuff.

Maybe some sort of 2-tier membership? $1.99 a month for no ads and $4.99 a month for no adds, 10-15% accessory discounts, and special signature in the forums such as "Proud Website Supporter!" or something as such?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there are many who would love such a feature...

I really have no idea what other subscription services like this run, but if you kept the annual price in line with what other single sites charge it would be attractive. IMHO, most Mobile Nations members are primarily on one to two sites only and many are not even aware that Passport gets them into so many tech discussion and news sites... Of course once they are paying, that's incentive to visit all the "free" sites bundled in their subscription.

:cool:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I might be interested as well but, no more than $20 a year. This site is horrible, the ads are so bad, now you even ad videos that play back when you enter the site. P0rn sites have less ads than this site and that is a big problem.

I know you gota pay the bills but, this is over doing it quite a bit.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is a great idea.
I would prefer a yearly option as well.

Do not want to worry about paying every month.

There are too many ads and this latest snapdragon one is ridiculous...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte