WindowsCentral and Edge

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys aware how poor the typing experience on WindowsCentral is in Edge? Replying to comments, or even trying to start a new forum post is difficult.

The most typical culprit, comments in articles is you'll start typing and somehow it will back track to you the beginning if you backspace or something, then when you try to correct that, by backspacing again, you'll just navigate backwards in the browser.​

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
@OP, I wouldn't be able to answer this question, but for other members ease of helping ya, let them know which build your running, is it PC or mobile?
*Not to be a ****, I found this thread an will make my question an concern over edge useability too

Question: How does one revert to the mobile site? currently i see no option in the lay out.
Running build 10166 for mobile.
Thanks.

Ps. I never use Windows central site via mobile or PC, it's always over the app, so excuse my limited knowledge from experience.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys aware how poor the typing experience on WindowsCentral is in Edge? Replying to comments, or even trying to start a new forum post is difficult.

The most typical culprit, comments in articles is you'll start typing and somehow it will back track to you the beginning if you backspace or something, then when you try to correct that, by backspacing again, you'll just navigate backwards in the browser.​

Happy to help relay issues to our tech team here. Feel free to reach out to me direct (my email is below)... I'll have more specific questions for you... Need to be able to replicate issues first before we can fix! Thanks!

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Repro is pretty easy :)

1) Clean install of Windows 10 10240
2) Attempt to create a new forum post. Clicking into the text editor to type anything doesn't work.

That's one of a few of these issues ;)

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. If I use any other browser with Win10, I have no problems at all. If I use Edge on this site, I can barely type due to the lag. I have not noticed the same issue with Edge on other sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) so far.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The typing seems to be greatly improved, but the website still takes much longer to load on Edge in comparison with Chrome or Comodo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234