Windows Central Phone App Turtle Speed

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
What is going on with Windows Centrals windows phone app the (paid version) it is so slow lately and now I'm getting ad's at the bottom? What's up with this it's to the point of being unusable, isn't their anyone responsible to look after it's quality and service anymore in this forum? At one time if there was a problem with this app it was taking care of quickly. I guess to many chief's and too few Indians..

Last edited:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Add to that network error message, takes forever to open the app, login issues from time to time, links seldom works and treads that just never load.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
What is going on with Windows Centrals windows phone app the (paid version) it is so slow lately and now I'm getting ad's at the bottom? What's up with this it's to the point of being unusable, isn't their anyone responsible to look after it's quality and service anymore in this forum? At one time if there was a problem with this app it was taking care of quickly. I guess to many chief's and too few Indians..

We're looking into this but a short mental exercise looks like this:

For months our app works fine in Win10Mobile. Then suddenly a new build of the beta OS hinders part of the app and suddenly it's the app's fault? Or is it the beta OS? Will it change in the next build?

Just saying that what changed here is the OS, not our app. And what is disconcerting is we don't know if it'll be fixed on their end or should we code against a moving target.

Yes, it sucks. Yes, it also sucks when you have thousands of OS beta testers blaming your app, which worked fine and now is broke, yet no one wants to blame the OS.

Like I said, we'll look into it, but we don't have that much obligation here to fix Microsoft's (hopefully) temporary errors.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Dan, Never thought of it this way but It does seen that way after last few release's of Microsoft's 10 os builds that it started having theses problems, but would this cause ads' to be at the bottom of the app when it a paid version and it's strange because it comes and goes on it own.

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it sucks. Yes, it also sucks when you have thousands of OS beta testers blaming your app, which worked fine and now is broke, yet no one wants to blame the OS.

Like I said, we'll look into it, but we don't have that much obligation here to fix Microsoft's (hopefully) temporary errors.

Dan, I personally am not blaming the app because I know it worked perfectly well on earlier builds of W10M.

That being said I don't know if MSFT will look into this and would be better and faster if you guys did it which from your post is obvious that you guys are looking into it. Thanks.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
We're looking into this but a short mental exercise looks like this:

For months our app works fine in Win10Mobile. Then suddenly a new build of the beta OS hinders part of the app and suddenly it's the app's fault? Or is it the beta OS? Will it change in the next build?

Just saying that what changed here is the OS, not our app. And what is disconcerting is we don't know if it'll be fixed on their end or should we code against a moving target.

Things happen, apps break in new updates but don't get offended and sit and wait for your app to magically be fixed in the next build. Release a new update like other app developers do.

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
That's just the point. I am using the free version and a vast majority of the times the ads don't show. This is when the app crawls. When the ads show it works much better.

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I think it's phone builds fault because other apps and games are getting low performance too. So I'm pretty sure it's MSFT fault.

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyway, I must admit that this app needs to be updated. It's missing some features, bugs here and there last but not least, design is getting kinda old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss