"Ask A Question" section needs some options

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I truly believe that you need to add a DEVICE option to the "Ask a question" section. Most of the time, when I click through all the questions, I am not even certain what those people talking about. Is it a phone? Is it their laptop or desktop? If a phone, which one is it? What operating system is running? ... ... ...

You may know out of your own experience that many people don't even know how to ask a question. So, if you would like us to help out, find a way to gather enough information during the "ASK A QUESTION posting, so, that we actually know what the person is talking about.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The idea behind asking without joining is to incite non-members to join if good solutions bring positive results.
I wish we could get complete details from queries in ask a question.

There's not much we can do about the quality of the questions asked.
We know it's a battle sometimes...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What if there was a template that people could fill out that had fields for device and OS? Something similar to what many customer support websites include.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What if there was a template that people could fill out that had fields for device and OS? Something similar to what many customer support websites include.

That seems like a good idea. While it's great that you can "Ask a Question" without the trouble of creating an account, I think having some kind of basic and quick template might be a reasonable trade-off. Nothing too long, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077