WindowsCentral app is down!

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I am trying to access windows central app since an hour, and every time it's showing me message that you can't connect. Is it down or what?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got no issues here, Windows Central app loads just fine.

Are you trying to connect through Wi-Fi or cellular data?

P.S.
The Q&A forum is reserved for guests who don't have a Windows Central account, and for time-pressing and urgent matters. Users who already have a Windows Central account are encouraged to place their posts in the appropriate category. Thread has been moved.

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got no issues here, Windows Central app loads just fine.

Are you trying to connect through Wi-Fi or cellular data?

P.S.
The Q&A forum is reserved for guests who don't have a Windows Central account, and for time-pressing and urgent matters. Users who already have a Windows Central account are encouraged to place their posts in the appropriate category. Thread has been moved.

Using Wi-Fi....didn't get this kind of issue single time before this over my Wi-Fi....it's just saying...."Couldn't connect to Windows Central: An exception occured during a WebClient request."

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm also encountering this issue through Wi-Fi, but I don't think it's limited to just Windows Central. Have you tried loading the Store or checking for phone updates while connect through Wi-Fi? Have you tried using a different Wi-Fi connection? Have you tried cellular data?

At my side, all of these things can't be done through my home Wi-Fi, but if I use a different Wi-Fi connection, e.g. my girlfriend's Wi-Fi at their place, or cellular data everything (Windows Central app, the Store and checking for phone updates) works.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Kind of contradictory. Windows Central is the best location for Windows Phone news and the app fails constantly. mmmph.
Grumpy@WindowsCentral

Barry Weston

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I am having this issue on every single device in my house.
Windows 8.1, WP8.1, Windows 10, Win10Mobile, and Android. Anyone else having this. It is making me go crazy. Works over LTE, but not wifi, not ANY wifi.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8.1, WP8.1, Windows 10, Win10Mobile, and Android. Anyone else having this. It is making me go crazy. Works over LTE, but not wifi, not ANY wifi.

The Windows Central Android app is working fine for me. I'm using a WiFi-only device now (Nexus 7).

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site

App fails on WiFi and Ethernet, Time Warner Cable.
Motorola SBG6580 modem. LTE is ok.
No ports on firewall are restricted.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The app was wonky for me on 9/28-9/29. Sometimes the news wouldn't load, usually comments won't load if the error appears. Connected with wi-fi. Mail was acting up too, that's about it. All other apps worked, no errors. Oh, and advertisements are now showing sometimes in the phone app I paid for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234