Post needs moderators approval prior to posting?

ryland Johnson

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi, Nice to be here. Great site.

I am a current member of approx' 30 forums covering many topics of my interests. I have in the past been a member of possibly 50 forums yet this one is the first I have ever had to have my posts checked before they are posted by a moderator?
What is the aim of such an action and doesn't this need one heck of a large staff or team of mods to perform?
Is this a private forum or Microsoft owned? No confrontation on my part just genuinely curious.

Very best wishes, Ryland

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Ryland and welcome to WindowsCentral.

The only reason for the mod approval is because of software used by the forums to prevent spam. The mods don't put the posts by new members there. It's software that does it. Once mods approve the posts, then the software 'knows' that a new member isn't a spammer. That's not something that will always happen to you, and after you've made enough posts then you will be able to post without needing approval.

WindowsCentral is a fan based site, with no affiliation to Microsoft.

I hope that helps. ☺

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Our anti-spam filter is always hard at work.

Even after many thousands of posts I have occasionally had my posts go to moderation.

*shrug* It is hard to tell what triggers it at times.

There is a que that all Mods see and we do our best to sort through them quickly and delete the SPAM and approve the nice posters such as yourself.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Our anti-spam filter is always hard at work.

Even after many thousands of posts I have occasionally had my posts go to moderation.

*shrug* It is hard to tell what triggers it at times.

There is a que that all Mods see and we do our best to sort through them quickly and delete the SPAM and approve the nice posters such as yourself.
Aren't you a mod? Or ambassador?

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I believe my first post or two were the only ones that had to be checked by a mod, and after 30 posts? Somewhere around there I was able to post links and pictures, but after that I was golden.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel