When will we see Windows Central Beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We have asked James Falconer to ask Daniel to ask the developer for an update on what's going on here. We've not heard anything back yet.

Looking at the developer's twitter account, he's just finished and is promoting another app. It could be that the Windows Central app has been put on hold while he's progressing something that will actually pay the bills.

As before, there's nothing stopping you from contacting the developer on Twitter and directly asking for progress.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
wmpoweruser is better than it used to be... and it has a Windows 10 app.

I'm not saying anyone should abandon Windows Central for WMPOWERUSER, but it's starting to look like Windows Central has abandoned us... so...

Yeah given that wmpu is pulliing a Microsoft and about to make their site less windows phone centric and more android/ios related with Microsoft, wmpu is a nonfactor. Windows central has been having it's issues but still in a league above wmpu Imo.

Plus that app isn't stable.

Last edited:

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
We have asked James Falconer to ask Daniel to ask the developer for an update on what's going on here. We've not heard anything back yet.

Looking at the developer's twitter account, he's just finished and is promoting another app. It could be that the Windows Central app has been put on hold while he's progressing something that will actually pay the bills.

As before, there's nothing stopping you from contacting the developer on Twitter and directly asking for progress.

No nothing stopping anyone from contacting Daniel Gary. Although, you'll unlikely get a response and apparently it you do it will be very snarky... must be a Daniel thing.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Really it should come as no surprise. Windows Central itself has been catering less and less to their loyal readers wishes and if you remember Daniel Gary's Instagram app (first working client on Windows Phone), we waited on video playback support for about a year (I don't know if it ever came really). Meanwhile, Rudy came out with 6tag and blew his app out of the water with it's first release.
So it's obvious that it's not a priority to Daniel Rubino or Daniel Gary (and even if it was, he's as slow a molasses). We're at the mercy of two snarky Daniels that have zero clue about customer service.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
2j31a86.jpg

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
From Daniel...
"well, you could go make your own app if it's so easy?"

What a jerk. I don't know why he feels the need to respond to his "customers" like that. It's like someone is constantly ******* in his corn flakes.

That's because they are. You guys have no patience and no respect for developers. Let them do their work.

Sent from mTalk

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
That's because they are. You guys have no patience and no respect for developers. Let them do their work.

Sent from mTalk

Well seeing that I am a developer and Daniel Rubino is not, I'm not sure how that applies.

As a developer I know, and Daniel Gary should know, that you don't make statements that you can't back up... and you don't get all defensive without giving a logical explanation or maybe even an apology when your fans question you on it.

I mean we're talking about people dealing with CUSTOMERS here. I deal with clients and customers all the time (not developing, but my real job) and even if they are being completely unreasonable you don't deal with people the way they do. It's completely unprofessional and as far as Rubino, it's getting worse and worse while infecting the whole site. Sadly, this community is in even worse shape than Windows Phone\Mobile itself.

Last edited:

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah given that wmpu is pulliing a Microsoft and about to make their site less windows phone centric and more android/ios related with Microsoft, wmpu is a nonfactor. Windows central has been having it's issues but still in a league above wmpu Imo.

Plus that app isn't stable.
Well windowscentral app more stable but forums horrendous. Constantly crashing on SP3. Almost impossible to post, etc on Edge, not much better fire fo

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well seeing that I am a developer and Daniel Rubino is not, I'm not sure how that applies.

As a developer I know, and Daniel Gary should know, that you don't make statements that you can't back up... and you don't get all defensive without giving a logical explanation or maybe even an apology when your fans question you on it.

I mean we're talking about people dealing with CUSTOMERS here. I deal with clients and customers all the time (not developing, but my real job) and even if they are being completely unreasonable you don't deal with people the way they do. It's completely unprofessional and as far as Rubino, it's getting worse and worse while infecting the whole site. Sadly, this community is in even worse shape than Windows Phone\Mobile itself.

You have to consider the source. Both are poster children for Mr.Congeniality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb