Windowscentral.com reported to Microsoft as a threat?

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Today while loading the forums Edge gave me a notification that said that windowscentral.com had been reported as being a malicious webpage and recommended closing the tab. I'm assuming its because of the tremendous amount of Ad's here. I understand that you guys need to pay the bills and what not but for a website designed to be one of the biggest Microsoft support communities it is getting harder and harder to want to come here with all the ads. It's super slow on Edge and now could possibly be dangerous to my computer. Awesome! The admins may want to look at what ads they are allowing to run on their site and reconsider them, otherwise I'm out.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Today while loading the forums Edge gave me a notification that said that windowscentral.com had been reported as being a malicious webpage and recommended closing the tab. I'm assuming its because of the tremendous amount of Ad's here. I understand that you guys need to pay the bills and what not but for a website designed to be one of the biggest Microsoft support communities it is getting harder and harder to want to come here with all the ads. It's super slow on Edge and now could possibly be dangerous to my computer. Awesome! The admins may want to look at what ads they are allowing to run on their site and reconsider them, otherwise I'm out.

Agreed. The site runs like crap on my phone (WP8.1)

Some stories then forums then some marketplace items, some ads and what not.

I use forums on Tapatalk and for articles I use feedly.

Winbeta is also nice.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes have the app, no forums in the app. I don't really care for Tapatalk because it's not a full feature forum, a lot of things are left out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes have the app, no forums in the app. I don't really care for Tapatalk because it's not a full feature forum, a lot of things are left out.
Huh? There are forums in the WC app. I am replying to you via the app right now. You have to sign in to be able to use the forums. You just can't upload images to your post.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Huh? There are forums in the WC app. I am replying to you via the app right now. You have to sign in to be able to use the forums. You just can't upload images to your post.

Sorry I'm referring to the PC app, not the phone app. In the PC app the only sections on the main screen are News, Reviews, Help, Apps, and Games. When I click on the hamburger menu the only options available are App commands (which lead to the same 5 categories), Share, and Settings. I use the app on my phone quite frequently but the only place I visit the forums is on my computer.

I just downloaded Tapatalk again (I tried it a LONG time ago and I see there have been improvements) and may give it another go. However this still does not address the original concern of this webpage being a spyware and ad nightmare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck